The NFL -- Is it just me?...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What really has started to turn me off is all the money the owners and players are making. A few weeks ago a player was fined and was to miss 1 game with out pay. Which by the way was over 300K. That is just crazy. I don't care if the average NFL player only plays for 4-5 years. If he is broke after 4-5 years with pay like that its just to bad. They are lucky if they are even on the field for 15 min. a game. And maybe for 20 plays. To many people in this old USA to suffer everyday with no food. Let them get a real job.

So, in your opinion, a singer, say... Madonna, should make $25 an hour?

The NFL is a BILLION dollar industry.

You earn what is proportionate to the market.

Last edited:
Ive allways wanted to make a two teamed (front/back) jersey for the superbowl. The ultimate bandwagoneer jersey. :lol:

Oh dang! You are on to something! That'd be awesome out here, Cowboys on one side and Redskins on the other. I'd be dead within a day out here, but it'd sure be priceless to see the looks on peoples faces!!

The best word I can think of for pro football is "sterile." You have 22 perfect physical specimens out these doing their job for whatever team they are playing for this year. For the most part, they have the same amount of passion as an appliance repairman. Bring back Lambert, Staubach, and Stabler.

The plant I work at sales are 12 million dollar a month. They own 30 other plants nation wide. I hate to even tell you what they pay us. For what the player do no I don't think their worth it. I have been a Packer fan for 60 years.

The only trouble with paying people that much is sooner or later they think they are worth it.

The best word I can think of for pro football is "sterile." You have 22 perfect physical specimens out these doing their job for whatever team they are playing for this year. For the most part, they have the same amount of passion as an appliance repairman. Bring back Lambert, Staubach, and Stabler.

Passion? The main thing that turns me OFF is the narcissist actions of these prima donnas! Every play they celebrate like they won the championship all by themselves! I am talking about all pro sports. And major colleges are pro sports. I remember a cartoon where two college players are walking off the practice field. One turns to the other and asks "are you going to turn pro?" the other one says "no, I can't afford to take a pay cut"

Watched the Rangers almost take the pennant, but, rather than work as a team, work to improve, they ran for that other million.
I don't see teams build up and grow together and work to achieve. I see individuals who have talent, for sale to the highest bidder. Being on the winning team isn't as important as the bank balance. Being worth ten million dollars and being on the best team isn't as important as fourteen million dollars and being on a losing team. Character, desire, focus, it's not what it was. What's important is me, not we.
My give a hooter spun a bearing a few years ago.

Funny thing..Passion,desire to win... Starts at a young age.they are told that......EVERBODY wins now -a-days..cant have someones feelings hurt, now can we? So, whats the drive now...MONEY ? Wheres the desire to win if the losers get the same trophy?
Sooooooooo afraid these days to upset anyone. Pathetic! We will never win a thing with this attitude. Beat the enemy but dont hurt them? WTF?

Last edited:
So this Saturday I'll be watching the BIG game (assuming I can find an internet feed of the video). My alma mater will be taking on their arch rival in the NCAA Division III football playoffs. Yes, an honest to goodness, REAL playoff in college football. 32 teams start in the playoffs and one is the big winner 5 weeks later. Saturday is week 2 of the playoffs and my St John's Johnnies will be taking on the evil St Thomas Tommies (that's what they are called, its central Minnesota and we aren't big on flashy nicknames). NCAA Division III, no money here baby, not an athletic scholarship in sight, just guys who want to play football. As far as I'm concerned THIS is college football at its finest!!!

It's a Thanksgiving miracle--both the Lions and Bears won! (...but of course I didn't watch; highlights good enough for me.)

Back