Scale away my wayward rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Played with the pigment a little. Couple ideas in one show.
Used a nylon/plastic net sock that garlic comes in over the NC to get the scale effect.
Before I put the net on, I also dripped some candle wax on the red nc to see what effect that would bring forth.
Applied some satin black pigment and then dusted in some inferno red pigment over that here and there.
After it tacked off, the wax wasn't coming off by hand too easily , so I held it over the stove and wiped it off when softened . ha ha... :cool:
Now,this I a real fast trial of a couple ideas. Paint is still tacky, dry spray,dust, fast dry,ect..don't let that fog your mind while viewing.
One could get real creative with the wax.

DSCN3303.JPG

DSCN3305.JPG

DSCN3307.JPG

DSCN3308.JPG

DSCN3310.JPG

Last edited:
It's obvious your marshmellon crop was better than mine this year! I relinquish command to you.

My first thought was "Wow, somebody really likes rockets AND bowling". Nice effect. :D STIRRRIKE!

I think I'll need to do that to my Apogee Diamondback or the upScale (Pun intended).

not a fan of the was drops but the scale looks really good!

Looks like a variation on lace painting. I've got photos from the 60's of a dragster my dad used to drive where they did lace down the stripes on it. Similar technique: lay down the base coat, put your lace on top, spray your top coat.

I like the idea of using the plastic net on a cone since it seems to conform to the surface.

kj

Back