Glass shower doors... Accidents Happen.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Today I learned why I F*****G HATE glass shower doors.

I Quote:
One of the major problem areas the researchers found involved sliding glass doors in showers. Three-quarters of participants who used shower stalls with sliding glass doors tried to utilize the door for stability or balance.
“This is extremely unsafe because shower doors were not designed to support a person’s weight,” Murphy says. “This problem could be easily remedied by educating older adults not to use the door as a support or possibly replacing it with a shower curtain, which was used only rarely by older adults in this study.”

(https://www.bestbath.com/…/bathroom-falls-and-injuries-data…/)
Yes, I fell today while trying to clean the F*****G things (I did not try to use it to stabilize myself). The glass remained intact, and I'm not hurt. However, given the opportunity, I'd replace every glass shower door in any apartment I find myself in with a curtain. Curtains are easy to clean (wash), inexpensive (only a few dollars) if I need to replace it, and not likely to shatter or break if I were to fall on it (leaving me naked in a pile of glass).
Again, I'm not hurt, but I can already tell, I'm going to feel it in the morning.

There are many ways to skin a cat. I like the look of (hinged) glass doors. Get a housekeeper. They're inexpensive and it makes cleaning really easy.

There are many ways to skin a cat. I like the look of (hinged) glass doors. Get a housekeeper. They're inexpensive and it makes cleaning really easy.

On my current income (<$200/month) a housekeeper is out of the question.

My brother fell through one taking a shower, shattered -everything-

Needless to say, he now has curtains.

When I needed a housekeeper I got married. I strongly recommend Merry Maids, MaidPro or Little Cleaners as an alternative.

I need this painted on my motorcycle helmet.....

"The most hazardous activities for all ages are bathing, showering and getting out of the tub or shower"

I need this painted on my motorcycle helmet.....

"The most hazardous activities for all ages are bathing, showering and getting out of the tub or shower"
At least you wear a helmet! I'd be long dead had I not. As far as shower doors are concerned. Those prefab pieces of junk should be outlawed as well as bath/ showers. Frigging deathtraps for elders. I guess in an apartment we don't have a choice, at least we have a curtain.

I hate wearing a helmet....and would likely skip it pretty often if I wasn't in NYS. But, knowing eventually I'm going down, I can see good reason to wear one...and leather...lots and lots of leather.

I hate wearing a helmet....and would likely skip it pretty often if I wasn't in NYS. But, knowing eventually I'm going down, I can see good reason to wear one...and leather...lots and lots of leather.

My college roommate was one of those guys who laid his bike down on the freeway (blown tire). When he got up he had a little road rash but not bad. He almost fainted when he looked at his helmet and there was a big hole worn all the way through one side. :eyepop::y::y:

Your helmet is NOT a place where you want to scrimp to save a couple buck$$

Take 2 Advil before you go to bed tonight.....
You'll be very glad you did in the morning....

Teddy

My brother fell through one taking a shower, shattered -everything-

Needless to say, he now has curtains.

When I needed a housekeeper I got married. I strongly recommend Merry Maids, MaidPro or Little Cleaners as an alternative.

NOW THATS Funny :point::point:
The maid part.

Latest posts

Back