Aerotech's new propellant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that super thunder? It was once described to me as Warp 8, instead of 9. Still real fast!

Geez , I should sell my CTI M2250 cStar motor that i had slated for a Ultimate Dark Star cert flight and buy one of these !

Wow.. SuperDuper Thunder!

Kenny

Yeah, this is the Super Blue Thunder propellant, the same used in the H-550ST DMS/RMS motors that have a reliable delay and with super fast propellant. Warp 8 is a pretty good designation, but Super Blue Thunder has a nice ring to it :wink:. Thumb in the wind, this is an M-6000ish reload for the omnipresent 98-10240 casing. There are no 54's that I'm aware but if you dig it, you should ask Charlie for more :).

Here's the H-550ST in action:

[video=youtube;DYZgDPjG5J8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYZgDPjG5J8[/video]

The H550 and super blue are new to me. I sent them a request for a 98mm 2 grain load. I'm thinking it could be a L2400. The perfect compromise between the L1500BT and the L3150VM.

Yeah, this is the Super Blue Thunder propellant, the same used in the H-550ST DMS/RMS motors that have a reliable delay and with super fast propellant. Warp 8 is a pretty good designation, but Super Blue Thunder has a nice ring to it :wink:.

Oh it is definitely the better name; I only heard Warp 8 when asking to differentiate between the super and new thunders.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the total impulse is, well, pretty high. Recent posts on Aerotech's Facebook page may explain why :D.

Back