Military family in great need following tragedy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viperfixr

Born Again Rocketeer
Reaction score
Many of you are supporters of the military that supports our rights as American citizens. For some of you so inclined and able, this is an opportunity to help provide for a military family in great need. The below words are from a GoFundMe website at this link. Maj Meier was assigned to Edwards AFB, but flew occasionally with our F-35 unit at Nellis AFB. Such a tragic end to a heroic life. There are many such families in need, to include those from the C-130 aircrew lost in Afghanistan recently. But, this one hits close to home for me. Thank you for reading, your time and consideration.

"In the early morning of September 28, 2015 Benjamin David Meier was out for a routine jog and was struck in the head by a passing vehicle. Ben was transported to the hospital where he fought for his life until he died of his head trauma the next day.

Ben was a husband to Becky Diane and father to two young boys, Logan and Gabriel. He also leaves behind his mother Ann, his father David, and two sisters Amy and Jennifer.

Most view Ben as nothing less than a hero since he risked his own life multiple times and saved lives as an F16 fighter pilot in Afgahnistan, Iraq, and Libyia. But Ben's contributions continued even following his death. He donated six organs, which will no doubt extend and likely save even more lives. So it's not a stretch to call Ben a superhero! Afterall, he flew high above the clouds saving many lives and didn't stop helping others even after being grounded.

At this time Becky Diane and her boys need help with support any way possible. Prayers or positive comments are just as valuable as money. Thank you for your efforts."

There are no appropriate words to say. Maj. Meier and his family and friends are in my prayers. I will donate to the "Go Fund Me" tomorrow after I check my finances. May he rest in peace.

Mark- Please catch me at Octoberfest. I'll donate cash that you can convert to the gofundme drive. It won't take my card. R.I.P. Major Meier-you will never be grounded again.

Back