Rocket FPV with Mobius

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robshe01

Reaction score
I recently bought a Mobius camera and have been using it successfully for some rocket flights. In reading about the camera online I see that people use it on RC aircraft and drones for their FPV setup.

This got me wondering if I could install a downlink in the rocket eBay and watch the video from the ground in real time. I am trying to research available equipment and spec out a good system but the RC dealers I have been discussing it with are not knowledgable of rocketry and the specifics that a vertical flight to 10 or 15,000 ft would present.

Has anyone in the forum ventured into this area. If so, I would welcome advice or suggestions.

Working on a system now. I will put together a parts list for you.

Hi Ray,

Alternatively, if you are a ham, you can set up a vhf (2 meter or 70 cm) TV transmission utilizing the mobius to the transmission device in the payload section. This has been done often in high altitude balloon launches. You may want to review the thread I started by me on this topic several months ago.

Regards,
Fred
L2, ROSCO member

Fred

Thanks for the reply. I am a ham and will definitely check out your thread

Ray

Back