Looking for 1/8" wall, 98mm tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ_Ron

Reaction score
Hey all! Been away a VERY long time, dealt with some serious life changing stuff, but am finally working at getting back to a somewhat normal life. (Well, normal for me anyway!)

I'm working with a buddy of mine to resurrect and fly the AHPRA Sparrow-Arcus at Balls next year for it's 20th anniversary. We want to replace the payload tube, but I'm having a heck
of a time finding a replacement. The original, it is thought, was of the 98mm, Heavy Walled MMT tubing from the long gone High Sierra Rocketry.
What I'm looking for is about 18" of 98mm ID x .125" wall thickness cardboard tubing, thought fiberglass or phenolic, or honestly, whatever would work.
Does anyone either have a short piece of the High Sierra Tube, an idea of where to find it, or a viable option?

Thanks!!

Ron

Not sure if the High Sierra tubing was actually 98mm, or 4" I.D. If it was 4", then the heavy duty mailing tube from U-Line might work for you. It is 4" I.D., and .125" thick. While U-Line will sell to anyone, you must buy a full case. Maybe the UPS or Fed-Ex stores carry that brand, and you could buy just one tube. There used to be a vendor that made nose cones with a 1/8" lip that fit the U-Line product, so it has been used in rocketry before. A bit heavy but very strong.

Mike

I just happen to have an 18" section of thick wall filament wound fiberglass tubing. It was from a special order from performance rocketry. 98mm ID, approx. 4.125" OD. Tube was originally 60" long, I have this 18" leftover, with no specific plan for it.

You can have it if that's what you need.

Local OfficeMax, Office Depots, Staples all carry the mailing tubes, my local staples has them up to 5 or 6 inches diameter.

Rocketry Warehouse lists 4.1" FG tubing. It should be compatible with old Dynacom tubing that was true 4.0" ID.

JD

Back