Head scratcher about forum ads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet driver

Reaction score
I suddenly started getting ads on the forum again. I had Adblocker and it worked great! My knee jerk reaction was to re install it. I did so and still have ads. THOUGHTS?

I recently had that same issue. My computer died, and I had to get a new one. I had Adblocker on it, but still got adds on all websites. The new computer came with something called Microsoft Edge as the browser, after some messing around with it, I found an option to open with Internet Explorer. Ads disappeared.... So, I don't use the Edge program (or is it app now?), and went back to IE.

Phil L.

Your Adblocker might be disabled. Click Tools in the upper right then Internet Options. Click Programs in the Tabs then Manage Add-ons. The first thing on the list of add-ons should be Adblocker, make sure it's it's enabled.

Likewise, make sure that you didn't inadvertently whitelist the ad domain(s). A reinstall of adblock may not delete your old whitelist, and the new install may use it again, allowing the ads to continue. (specifically, doubleclick.net and googleadservices.com)

Last edited:
Go to the ad blocker preferences: <CTRL><SHIFT>f

At the bottom left of the "Filter Subscriptions" tab you should see a check box labeled "Allow some non-intrusive advertising"

Make sure it is not checked and then try again.

Your Adblocker might be disabled. Click Tools in the upper right then Internet Options. Click Programs in the Tabs then Manage Add-ons. The first thing on the list of add-ons should be Adblocker, make sure it's it's enabled.

I am computer stupid and YOU DA MAN !! THANKS

if you have a content filter or script blocker you can also just block googlesyndication.com and infolinks.com. Those two domains are the primary source of your pain, block them and it all goes away.

Ditch your AdBlock and get yourself set up with UBlock Origin. It uses the same lists as AdBlock and DisconnectMe but has a much lighter resource footprint and is much faster.

OD says check it out.

Her's an even more weird thing. My ad block won't let me open this thread on the original post. Yet I can go to the last post and scroll backwards to the top to the first post....
And reply to it... ??? Wonder if that will change if I can open the original post now?????? Edit... Disabled ad block plus and installed ublock origin.
Nope, still can't open the original post.... ?????

Adrian

Last edited:
See there, the only way I got that was to scroll back to the top...
Don't worry, leg was in full raise position during the reading of this thread...

Adrian

Back