Red Glare?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyrocket

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything yet about the fall 2015 Red Glare? Since it is October already, I am assuming it will likely happen in November. Too bad as it is much better when it occurs before daylight savings time ends!

Last I heard, the Higgs Farm is still harvesting and not ready. There is a 10/10-11 launch at the sod farm, so it would be at least a month after that. But my guess is it won't happen. There's always April!

Also, almost the entire MDRA board of directors went to BALLS, so they probably haven't had a chance to get things in order just yet.

Although the final decision hasn't been officially made, there is little if any hope of a fall Red Glare, (RG)... At the last club meeting in September, a December Red Glare was ruled out because of potential weather, based on last years RG launch and a historical assessment of previous December launch weather.

Having a Red Glare in November also looks out of the question, due to late bean crop harvesting"...

Stay tuned for official announcements--should be coming soon...

Although the final decision hasn't been officially made, there is little if any hope of a fall Red Glare, (RG)... At the last club meeting in September, a December Red Glare was ruled out because of potential weather, based on last years RG launch and a historical assessment of previous December launch weather.

Having a Red Glare in November also looks out of the question, due to late bean crop harvesting"...

Stay tuned for official announcements--should be coming soon...

Until this week it hasn't rained much recently. What effect does little to no rain for a month and half have on crops. I'd expect they'd be be about done because of it, unless they irrigate, ... or is the harvest totally dependent on frost dates.

The soy beans fields near me have mostly turned to yellow and brown.

I don't care if they call it Red Glare or not, as long as we get to go out to Higgs Farm and fly rockets.

Until this week it hasn't rained much recently. What effect does little to no rain for a month and half have on crops. I'd expect they'd be be about done because of it, unless they irrigate, ... or is the harvest totally dependent on frost dates.

The soy beans fields near me have mostly turned to yellow and brown.

Perhaps I'm reading your response out of context: I provided information as known, not as a topic open for discussion..:smile:.

Last edited:
I don't care if they call it Red Glare or not, as long as we get to go out to Higgs Farm and fly rockets.

Yeah, really, folks. The Higgs Farm waiver is 16k' whenever we're there. The only difference is that we have less fliers, less pads, and less vendors. Come on out! We'll let you know when Higgs opens up for us.

Yeah, really, folks. The Higgs Farm waiver is 16k' whenever we're there. The only difference is that we have less fliers, less pads, and less vendors. Come on out! We'll let you know when Higgs opens up for us.

I think you meant to say: "Less flyers, pads, and venders at the sod farm site".:wink:

No, I meant that for a Red Glare launch, we double the number of pads and have a ton more vendors; and we add Friday. But any launch at Higgs has the same waiver, and like Nathan said, we don't have to call it "Red Glare" to invite people to come on out and fly.

In short, I meant, "Bring your big stuff out to any Higgs and we'll get it up in the air as high as you want (under the waiver)!"

No, I meant that for a Red Glare launch, we double the number of pads and have a ton more vendors; and we add Friday. But any launch at Higgs has the same waiver, and like Nathan said, we don't have to call it "Red Glare" to invite people to come on out and fly.

In short, I meant, "Bring your big stuff out to any Higgs and we'll get it up in the air as high as you want (under the waiver)!"

Well all righty then...:cool: Just to add; 'Big projects must also pass muster"... Guess who the normal chief big project muster checker is? :blush:

I am surprised nobody has posted the standard MDRA-BOD response to this question yet:

You will know when we know.
We will know when Tommy Higgs knows.
Tommy will know when God tells him!

I am surprised nobody has posted the standard MDRA-BOD response to this question yet:

You will know when we know.
We will know when Tommy Higgs knows.
Tommy will know when God tells him!

Although not directly from a MDRA BOD member, I refer you to post #4 for a reasonably facsimile---just trying to be more politically correct...:grin::gavel:

This is a done deal...lol...
You guy's just let us know when..
Call it Higgs Glare if you like...lol...

Everybody's a waitin the word....

Teddy

Although not directly from a MDRA BOD member, I refer you to post #4 for a reasonably facsimile---just trying to be more politically correct...:grin::gavel:

Politically correct? Who are you and what have you done with the real Fred?

I'm sure Bob would change....

ahh....

well....

when ahhhh

some mythological location experiencing average random translational kinetic energies below which water experiences disambiguation???

Just saying...

Well then we will have to do another drag race. You actually might win...maybe!

OK,,
I'll ask some of the guy's when they'd all like to take a run down to Higg's....
We'll take a look at the MDRA schedule.........

Thanks guy's,,

Teddy

No schedule yet, either, I'm afraid. Tommy Higgs will let Bob know on 11/1 when he thinks we can have the farm. If it is not until December, then we will launch at Central Sod in November. However, if we can squeeze in a launch at Higgs between 11/2 and Thanksgiving, we will.

Back