Eggfinder B6 version

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bill,
If you go to Eggtimers site, and, go to the Eggfinder Tx/RX users guide for version B6, the TX programming instructions start on page 24.

Hope this helps!

Just flew my new EF TX B6 to 4200 ft. I modified it (sorry Cris) so I could run a single cell lipo. Cris went to a lot of effort to make this unit polarity safe. I recommend that you leave it stock unless you have to stuff it into something really small.
I added a JS2 connector to trim things down. You have to criss cross the wires to do this. The unit never lost track even at 32 g s and 640 mph. This was with the stock wire antenna. This flight qualifies as a new "F" altitude record under the TRIPOLI guidelinestx1.jpgtx2.jpgfx1-2.jpg.

Holy Wow Steve,

I would not have thought that a discrete installation with tracker/deployment electronics would get a record. That is impressive. Congratulations. Kurt Savegnago

Wow is that ever impressive...
4200 on an "F" is incredible Steve...
Congratulations on a great flight....

Teddy

Holy Wow Steve,

I would not have thought that a discrete installation with tracker/deployment electronics would get a record. That is impressive. Congratulations. Kurt Savegnago

Thanks Kurt. Actually did not have electronic deploy this time. The CTI 75F51-12a was supposed to have a 12 second delay. The motor eject fired 8 seconds into the flight. The velocity was still 175 mph going straight up. This probably cost about 1000 ft of altitude. I will try again next month with an Easy Mini.

Wow is that ever impressive...
4200 on an "F" is incredible Steve...
Congratulations on a great flight....

Teddy

Thanks Teddy. This rocket has the capability to exceed 5500 ft. The computer tells me that I need to add weight to get to optimum. Total weight less engine was 3.8 oz.

BTW if you add the js2 connector you don't have the cross any wires as long as you don't remove the rectifier.

Here's a link at the 409Shop of a potential patch antenna candidate. It has a run of the mill SMA connector so one would have to get an adapter for the RP-SMA mounts. I had plain SMA available so I built
my EggFinder hardware with that instead. I do have an adapter to RP-SMA if someone wanted to borrow my antenna to plug into their RP-SMA device they could easily borrow it.

https://www.409shop.com/409shop_product.php?id=122525

I don't have one but looks pretty good. I don't believe the 14dBi gain as they always overestimate.

Kurt Savegnago

Back