Killer deals on Estes launch packages

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nantucketdink

Reaction score
Estes Eliminator kits with pad with 1/8" and 3/16" rods and launch controls for $19.99 from Estes is an awesome deal to get started or just add more equipment to have on hand, but the Estes Prowler kit with PSII pad(1/4" rod) and PSII controller for $50 from Hobbyinc is equally cheap. Those 2 deals are practically too good to be true, but they are for real. I burn through alligator clip springs and have launch pad mishaps every few outings and having back up lauch equipment in my truck is a necessity.

Estes Eliminator kits with pad with 1/8" and 3/16" rods and launch controls for $19.99 from Estes is an awesome deal to get started or just add more equipment to have on hand, but the Estes Prowler kit with PSII pad(1/4" rod) and PSII controller for $50 from Hobbyinc is equally cheap. Those 2 deals are practically too good to be true, but they are for real. I burn through alligator clip springs and have launch pad mishaps every few outings and having back up lauch equipment in my truck is a necessity.

+1 on the Eliminator; however I'll add on that I wasn't too impressed with the quality of it...sticker was on crooked with two big wrinkles. Should still work fine and it is quite a value.

*Note that the Prowler set comes with an E launch controller and pad...not the PSII pad.

Last edited:
I just went and rechecked and Hobbylinc lists its package as coming with the PSII launch pad. That's what made it an over the top killer deal. Hopefully it will arrive as advertised.

Doh! What happened? I was positive it said it had the PSII pad and controller and even saw a photo of it and now I just went back again and there is no info at all on the pad or controller. It was like it switched in the past 2 minutes. Uh oh. I goofed.

I would totally get a Prowler package if it came with the PSII controller and pad. However since it only comes with the E controller and pad, it makes for a rather crummy way to get going with midsize power rockets.

I would totally get a Prowler package if it came with the PSII controller and pad. However since it only comes with the E controller and pad, it makes for a rather crummy way to get going with midsize power rockets.

Do you have some prior knowledge about this ? Because the Prowler package I found on Hobbylinc does list the PSII controller and pad. I hope that's not a bait and switch, or website glitch. I hope Nantucketdink will let us know what he receives.

I would be guided by this: https://www.estesrockets.com/009706-pro-series-iitm-e2x-prowlertm-launch-set as to what's in the launch set. The Hobbylinc page doesn't even say what's included beyond the rocket itself. The PSII controller, etc. are shown under "Requirements and Suggestions"

Yikes ! :blush: Web surfing and e-commerce site surfing 101 - Read all the words ! Thanks for the correction fellas.

The Eliminator kit is amazing. I ordered two a month ago and two more last week.

Doh! What happened? I was positive it said it had the PSII pad and controller and even saw a photo of it and now I just went back again and there is no info at all on the pad or controller. It was like it switched in the past 2 minutes. Uh oh. I goofed.

Don't feel bad...I almost fell for the same thing when it was first announced on the Estes site. The tricky part is that the Prowler is PSII; however they often list it as something like PSII with pad (which can launch all PSII). Here's the description from Estes: https://www.estesrockets.com/009706-pro-series-iitm-e2x-prowlertm-launch-set

Back