How much would you pay for the Universe?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Everyone stopped dreaming about tomorrow!

NASA's budget is less than 1 cent of a dollar.

Everything is about return on investment. How would you justify space exploration to the tax-paying public--we think it's really cool?

Everything is about return on investment. How would you justify space exploration to the tax-paying public--we think it's really cool?

The amount of scientific discovery's and inventions is a return of investment. But the sad thing is most of the American public are idiots and don't know anything about the importance of space exploration.

Write your congressman!

You and me both know that our elected officials are corrupt and do nothing for there citizens. For them its all about themselves and their pocket books. I would have better luck going to Mars and finding intelligent life.

Thanks for posting this video. Looks to me like the current spending for NASA is about 0.5% of the total federal budget. Allen, Texas spent around $60 million on a football stadium which began disintegrating soon after it was completed and had to undergo extensive repairs. Priorities. I wonder how much is spent on schoolboy football annually in America?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

As the late Carl Sagan used to say..."billions and billions".

Yea it is almost nothing. It the whole scheme of things it could be more, alot more. I would love it. I would not mind paying higher taxes if that would guarantee we go back to moon in the next 5 years and to mars in the next 10 years.

It would be nice if people could pick and choose what their tax money goes to. I am not big on space exploration, but I would love to stop funding Planned Parenthood, the NEA, and congressional expense accounts.

It would be nice if people could pick and choose what their tax money goes to. I am not big on space exploration, but I would love to stop funding Planned Parenthood, the NEA, and congressional expense accounts.

What the heck??? Your into rockets but your not big into space exploration????? Does not make a lick of sense to me dude! That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Yea it is almost nothing. It the whole scheme of things it could be more, alot more. I would love it. I would not mind paying higher taxes if that would guarantee we go back to moon in the next 5 years and to mars in the next 10 years.

For most Americans, the taxes paid to support Nasa each year are less than the cost of a single movie ticket. Personally, I get far more enjoyment out of following what Nasa does in a year than I would get from one movie ticket. So, just by that metric, it's a bargain.

-- Roger

What the heck??? Your into rockets but your not big into space exploration????? Does not make a lick of sense to me dude! That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Just because someone likes to build something and see how high it will go doesn't mean he automatically thinks we should be exploring outer space. That's like saying, if you drive a car, you must be into NASCAR.

BTW, I have nothing against space exploration, but I am not excited about it, either. I don't see how it really helps me on a day-to-day basis.

The Earth is over populated.
Space and Ocean exploration is of little use to most people.
Until the day comes you have to fend for yourself like cave man did, with an ever growing population.
Space and Ocean exploration WILL be our way to a longer future of existence.

Just because someone likes to build something and see how high it will go doesn't mean he automatically thinks we should be exploring outer space. That's like saying, if you drive a car, you must be into NASCAR.

BTW, I have nothing against space exploration, but I am not excited about it, either. I don't see how it really helps me on a day-to-day basis.

Well it damn well should be!!

Back