Evil Christians

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemech

Reaction score
I was out today doing some shopping and stopped into a Chick-fil-A for lunch. I ordered my meal and held out the money to the lady at the counter. "No charge", she said cheerfully. I stood like an idiot with my mouth hanging open for a moment and then looked around for the person that was in front of me.
I have ocassionaly given the counterperson extra money and said, "For the guy behind me." I thought that that was what had happened here.
Not. Chick-fil-A randomly gives free meals to their customers.

Evil Christians. (Sarcasm)

Sweet!

I got one of those once. I didn't know they did that either and I was very thankful.

Another Chick-fil-A story is that my family religiously (get it?) would visit a restaurant in Concord, NC on Saturday nights. Over time, we got to know the managers and staff. The last Saturday we visited the restaurant before we moved out of state, the manager comped the meal for my family.

large_Picture_1[1].png

Greg

I am always impressed with the speed at which they have your order ready.

Chick-Fil-A is surprisingly popular here on the Left Coast.

I am always impressed with how they have friendly people walking around the tables asking you what you need. Sometimes if I am there with my two kids, it is hard to juggle all their needs and get to the condiment stand, etc. Last time we went, a server brought me two drink refills, an ice cream, napkins, and extra spoons, all with a smile.

I saw a report last year that during a snow storm that had people stranded on a highway for several hours, Chick-Fil-A employees walked through handing out free sandwiches and coffee to motorists.

It is rare today to see a company like them with values other than the dollar. I don't eat there often enough.

my wife and youngest son went to eat at one and my wife realized she left her wallet at home (and was a fair distance from home) and they also told her not to worry about it.

I'd never heard of "chick-fill-a" before reading this. I've checked though and now understand the religious origins and values of the organisation. A corruption of "chicken fillet" they say?
I've even read that it's infiltrated Britain! In Liverpool and parts of London. It's threatening KFC, McD's, and all of the other US food chains that dominate and "nourish" our UK youth. That's great news.
As you've described, please give us great service. We really value that and will always return for more. But also, please balance it with great food rather than replacing processed garbage with more of the same.

Thanking you in anticipation 😀.

SO.

Much better than the rest. I look forward to my chicken sammiches and great service.

Even though I hardly ever eat fast food, they do have decent food.

It is rare today to see a company like them with values other than the dollar. I don't eat there often enough.

That's because the company is privately owned. At publicly owned companies the upper management only cares about increasing the value of the stock.

Darn, I thought this was going to be a really cool rocket build thread...

FYI, paying for the person next in line is surprisingly popular in Starbucks drive thru's. Evil, addicted, namby-pamby coffee-drrinkers!

Never been to one. None in my immediate area, but I see them sometimes in the 'burbs when I'm out on svc calls...
Mayhaps I'll check one out next time I see one.

Adrian

They have been around here for a long time- rarely is there not a line around the drive through. Would be a great franchise to own.

Back