Could Someone Give Me a Hand With Decals in OR?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nute

Reaction score
So I've done decals in OR before, like for my Redshift project, and had good success. Now I'm trying to decide how I want to paint and Stickershock my Wildman Eagle claw, and I;ve been using OR to mock it up. I'm going for a missile-esque look, with bands, some "no lift" decals, etc, but I'm having some trouble. I can't get the decals to show up. I know sometimes I have to play around with the offset to get the decals to show up out of "hiding" off of the actual component, but I can't get anywhere. I'm trying to put this:

No lift.png
Onto the fin of this:

View attachment Eagle_Claw_sport.ork

Paging K'tesh, openrocket master, paging K'tesh...

Thanks for any help!

Nate

Ay, nevermind I figured it out!

Looks like it was a file type issue. Downloading it as a png helped.

Nate

Actually, Decals are my weak link. I've figured out how to use a wrap, and how to FAKE them using "inner" body tubes (make them larger than the body tube and next to nothing thick), and fins.

I'm very interested in a tutorial if someone has one on how to do things that are not a wrap.

I successfully got some fin decals on the attached design. However, it took a battle to the death with the software to make it work, and enormous trial and error. Is this an example of what you're trying to do?
Solar_Warrior_decals.png
Unfortunately the ORK file is too big for me to attach, not sure how to get around that...

I successfully got some fin decals on the attached design. However, it took a battle to the death with the software to make it work, and enormous trial and error. Is this an example of what you're trying to do?
View attachment 273555
Unfortunately the ORK file is too big for me to attach, not sure how to get around that...

Yes... that is exactly what I'd love to figure out how to do.

Could you create a tutorial on how you do it?

Back