I discovered a possible 12+ year old model rocket part "defect" yesterday...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenECoyote

Well-roasted Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
***ADMIN - I've posted in the wrong area...please move as appropriate. Thanks in advance!***

I was doing a somewhat custom build/test using commonly available commercial rocketry parts last night and suddenly noticed that one of my parts had a misalignment even though I was very careful.

I was somewhat frustrated since I didn't see it at first and kept wondering why my part was "off". I then examined the part and saw that one of the operations wasn't performed aligned as it should be (just by a bit, but noticeable if you look).

I contacted the manufacturer and I got a reply of "Wow, in 12+ years this has never been noticed by us or any customer (as far as I know)! ". They offered some solutions as well as a refund; however they noted that it would take a while to make corrected ones, so I said I can deal with the ones I had knowing the issue.

The response was very quick and showed great customer service and given that this issue may have been going on for 12+ years and I may be the first to bring attention to it, I'm not going to say what the product is; however I'll just say that if you're trying to get things straight, make sure the item was made straight. ;) In this case, there were two methods of application and the one I chose showed the issue.

BTW - it wasn't a motor tube.

Last edited:
Back