Blastcap Rocketry?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle

Space: mostly nothing, partially stars
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just tried to check to see if Painkiller Micros were back in stock and got redirected to a domain hosting site.

Are they still around?

If so, anyone have a phone number for them?

Thanks,
Kyle

Last edited:
Curtis Turner. Aka rocketry warehouse and performance rocketry.

Where did Blast Cap get his 24mm fiberglass tubes (for the Painkiller Micro)?

I needed one of these for a project a while back, and got in touch with Gary (BlastCap, etc) to see if he happened to have any leftover.... nope. Ended up going through Curtis at RW (and yes, I got it on time and all that).
These days, a great choice would be through Carolina Composites. Or you could "roll your own".

I'm surprised neither Wildman nor MadCow makes or offers this. I would think there would be a market. Yes, there is a large faction that thinks that using fibreglass for 24mm rockets is overkill, but I beg to disagree. Especially now that "thinwall" glass tubing is becoming something of a standard. I for one love rockets that can take a lot of abuse...... in the air, on landings, in transport, and in storage. That Painkiller Micro was just the ticket, and strangely unique.

Everyone beg Tim to make something like this!

ssix

I'm surprised neither Wildman nor MadCow makes or offers this. I would think there would be a market. Yes, there is a large faction that thinks that using fibreglass for 24mm rockets is overkill, but I beg to disagree. Especially now that "thinwall" glass tubing is becoming something of a standard. I for one love rockets that can take a lot of abuse...... in the air, on landings, in transport, and in storage. That Painkiller Micro was just the ticket, and strangely unique. Everyone beg Tim to make something like this!

Agreed! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Everyone beg Tim to make something like this!

I've got a PKM. (I think i was the first to put one in the air...not sure, but for giggles I like to claim it ;) ) It's fun, but there are times I ask why not just toss a 29 in there. It does nicely on 24/40 loads single deploy. https://dbmccann.wordpress.com/painkiller-micro/

Even made a few videos building it.....never tried this again... still not sure how effective it was.
https://youtu.be/4J7tm2cznMM
https://youtu.be/r6eS-tsjyZM
https://youtu.be/hJXb0mkIWgc

I'd not change mine if i could.... but I think most people getting into a rocket this size would just rather have the 29mm options..

Now if there was a 24mm 29 BT option......

Last edited:
Just flew my Micro last week on an Aerotech F39 in a 24/40. I'll be sourcing a 24/60 case at some point, and probably a CTI 3 grain as well. I'd disagree about throwing a 29mm into it though. It's already a screamer on 24mm. The rocket really was built around the 24mm 6 grain CTI case, but I don't think anybody has been brave enough to try it yet. So if we aren't even coming close to the limits at 24 ... what gain would we get from 29?

Just flew my Micro last week on an Aerotech F39 in a 24/40. I'll be sourcing a 24/60 case at some point, and probably a CTI 3 grain as well. I'd disagree about throwing a 29mm into it though. It's already a screamer on 24mm. The rocket really was built around the 24mm 6 grain CTI case, but I don't think anybody has been brave enough to try it yet. So if we aren't even coming close to the limits at 24 ... what gain would we get from 29?

CTI one grain 24mm run $15 6 grain $24 and get you around 140 Ns.

AT F52's are $10, G76's are $12. 29/180's are $19 so, cheaper reloads by far than the CTI 24's.

I regularly fly my micro on the G107. Absolute screamer off the pad and definitely requires a tracker. I have dropped down to an 18" chute now as where I fly has fairly soft ground and have a GPS tracker in the nose. The delay on the G107 has been perfect so far with no drilling required. Great fun on the 6G cases, I have a second kit yet to build and have considered changing it up to either a 29mm mount or making it a 38mm MD.

Back