Can anyone help with information on these vintage mod3l rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishbat

Reaction score
Hi, I just aquired 2 Nike Clipper 3-0301 Flying Model Rockets from a yard sale and am having trouble finding information on them. They appear to have sat in the their boxes unused, one has been opened and the front plastic is ripped but has all the pieces/instructions. The other doesn't look like it has ever been opened. I know they are old and were made by Model Products corp. Any idea on what they are worth? Thanks for any information.

David

14434651228511328829381.jpg

Last edited:
The only one I found exactly like this one on eBay for sale is a European seller listing at $189us (or best offer) and $75 shipping. I realize this seller might be very unrealistic but wanted to be sure as I don't see any others like this for sale.

Ok, you got me curious and I'm easily distracted today. :)

A 1971 Sport Rocketry magazine article ("New Products at the 1971 HIAA Trade Show") describes it as a ready-to-fly model with pre-colored nose and tail sections.

https://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/ModelRocketry/Model_Rocketry_v03n07_(04-05)-71.pdf

Here's a picture from an online auction site called Worthpoint. (https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-mpc-nike-clipper-flying-model-430757105)

MPC Nike Clipper.jpg

That sure looks like an eyeball close scale representation of a Nike Smoke sounding rocket. Very interesting... value ? Beats me Batman.

Last edited:
I have several of these models.

They were 'found' in the early 1990s in some barn or warehouse in the Midwest and a hobby distributor sold them to hobby shops along with regular MPC rocket kits and motors.
I picked mine up at a hobby/toy shop in Henderson, NV.

I have flown both the Nike Clipper and Yankee 1 ARF models. I flew the Yankee 1 at LDRS 8 with AeroTech 18mm E45 and F55 motors. The Yankee 1 survived the E45 flight but the fin can came apart with the F55 motor. :blush:

Thanks for all the help. It looks like worth point has records of them selling but you can only check if you have a subscription.

I have several of these models.

They were 'found' in the early 1990s in some barn or warehouse in the Midwest and a hobby distributor sold them to hobby shops along with regular MPC rocket kits and motors.
I picked mine up at a hobby/toy shop in Henderson, NV.

I have flown both the Nike Clipper and Yankee 1 ARF models. I flew the Yankee 1 at LDRS 8 with AeroTech 18mm E45 and F55 motors. The Yankee 1 survived the E45 flight but the fin can came apart with the F55 motor. :blush:

...an 18mm F....uhhhh...you sure it wasn't a 24mm F?....just sayin'...

...an 18mm F....uhhhh...you sure it wasn't a 24mm F?....just sayin'...

Nope, 18mm F55 motor. 50n-sec. Less than 1 second burn time.
It was Tripoli certified for a few years. Never sold very many and the motor was discontinued.

Back