Aerotech D2.3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRFfan

Reaction score
Are the AT D2.3's available anymore? I need one for a MD project.

8 sec burn .. Cool! How come rockets don't get that ?:)

It is a special purpose motor designed specifically for rocket gliders, not rockets. It delivers low thrust for a long time and does not have a delay so the ejection charge fires at motor burnout.

Bob

I have flown a couple of D2.3 motors and several C3.4 motors, which is just half of a D2.3 grain. They will fly a rocket just fine if you are willing to use electronic ejection. I am planning to use a D2.3 as a second stage for the E impulse Scale Altitude event at NARAM-58.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Also-guysmith-thanks for the link. My MD project is going to be in a corn field so hopefully the long stalks will slow it down before it impacts the ground. I'm going for the D altitude record and I'll be getting a custom nose cone and fins, so the rocket will be very light. Here is the OR file.

View attachment 273203

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies!

Also-jimzcatz-thanks for the link. My MD project is going to be in a corn field so hopefully the long stalks will slow it down before it impacts the ground. I'm going for the D altitude record and I'll be getting a custom nose cone and fins, so the rocket will be very light. Here is the OR file.

View attachment 273203

Uh-oh:y: , hopefully is been harvested. We loose too many rockets to the corn field about a 1/4 mile from our launch site.

Uh-oh:y: , hopefully is been harvested. We loose too many rockets to the corn field about a 1/4 mile from our launch site.

Then again, I could always launch it in the snow. It'll stand out pretty well there.

.....I'm going for the D altitude record and I'll be getting a custom nose cone and fins, so the rocket will be very light......
You need to have a safe recovery velocity for any official record rocket, so if you are planning to use tumble recovery, the descent velocity needs to be in the 20 fps range.

Bob

Back