PML's HAMR Motor Retainer Questions.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working on an upscale of the Estes Goblin, and I've got a PML HAMR Motor Retainer... Somewhere in here. Problem is I can't find it for now.

I know that it only needs 3/8" of exposed motor tube to attach to. So, that's not a problem. What I don't know is how much does it add to the length of the rocket (with and without motor installed). I'm hoping to be able to have a reloadable motor casing installed (forget about the nozzle for now) and still allow the rocket to sit on all four fins.

Thanks!
Jim

You didn't mention the motor size; I only have one in 54mm.

My measurements:

without ring, no motor - .75"
with ring no motor - .855"
with ring, AT casing - .881"

You caught me just in time; it's getting glued into a 4" photon disruptor today!

I'm working on an upscale of the Estes Goblin, and I've got a PML HAMR Motor Retainer... Somewhere in here. Problem is I can't find it for now.

I know that it only needs 3/8" of exposed motor tube to attach to. So, that's not a problem. What I don't know is how much does it add to the length of the rocket (with and without motor installed). I'm hoping to be able to have a reloadable motor casing installed (forget about the nozzle for now) and still allow the rocket to sit on all four fins.

Thanks!
Jim

I know this is years old, but am answering in case someone (just like me!) stumbles onto this thread. The 38mm HAMR length w/an Aerotech RMS installed is 0.825", and empty is 0.725", both sans the motor nozzle. Also, the mounting depth I measured for the exposed motor tube came out to 0.333", whereas PML instructions state 0.375 (3/8"). I Found this thread looking for drawings of the HAMR.

Paul B.

Back