High power saucer kits?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there troops! So I'm getting the itch for a saucer and wondered if there are any high power saucer kits on the market these days. Is the 'Wocket' still available? Is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey there troops! So I'm getting the itch for a saucer and wondered if there are any high power saucer kits on the market these days. Is the 'Wocket' still available? Is there anything else I should be looking at? Thanks!
Talk to KenRico-he's the current Saucer King with the Funk Saucer (named in honor of Kevin Funk-a pioneer rocketeer in San Diego) We're attempting a drag race at Octoberfest with Stickershock Mark, Kenny, myself and a few others in Vegas. I flew one named "A Wok on the Lake' with an I280 to everyone's amusement. 29's, 38's or 54's-your choice (or you can make an adapter)

Talk to KenRico-he's the current Saucer King with the Funk Saucer (named in honor of Kevin Funk-a pioneer rocketeer in San Diego) We're attempting a drag race at Octoberfest with Stickershock Mark, Kenny, myself and a few others in Vegas. I flew one named "A Wok on the Lake' with an I280 to everyone's amusement. 29's, 38's or 54's-your choice (or you can make an adapter)

Funk Saucer has the funk! (as does KenRico),
s6

Carl, does this desire have something to do with the avoidance of soybean fields?

Carl, we should have taken pictures so folks know what we are talking about.

Yesterday, Tripoli Wisconsin had a launch. I flew a test flight of my L3 rocket, which was money. Should be ready for MWP. Carl flew a rocket that decided to likely fly much further horizontally than vertical. He went searching to no avail, but had signal. He came back and rounded up Kevin and I and we went forth. Used my extensive Walston experience to track this bad boy down on a farm. Yes, through a bunch of corn, and then through soybean fields. Soybeans really suck to walk through- really a tangled, thick mess trying to trip you and hide rockets! We were successful- NO ROCKET LEFT BEHIND!

Saw an M powered "Stealth" like rocket fly and one of the MWP's. I guess one would say it shredded a bit. It fell to pieces was more like it. Was a safe launch but I guess one needs to be cognizant of materials if going to a "really" high powered "saucerlike" rocket.
Kurt Savegnago

Last edited:
I have thought of making one out of a plastic hubcap. There are some cool looking ones.

What is the preferred angle of the sidewalks to slow descent?

Here is a night launch of the Funk Saucer from the last ROCstock

[video]https://youtu.be/IXbym2wx1eo[/video]

Kenny

Back