Super Blood Harvest Total Eclipse Tetrad Full Moon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What a title...

Tomorrow night.

Oh, and Happy feast of Sukkot..

Last edited:
What a title...

Tomorrow night.

Oh, and Happy feast of Sukkot..
My aluminum hat worked just fine. The high school football game P.A. system from two counties away was a little annoying, but I found a great sale on fresh carrots.....

Last edited:
The eclipse was visible here in the UK from about 03:00 onwards. I set an alarm for the appropriate time and spent most of an hour watching the eclipse. This was the result.

eclipse14_small.jpg

The eclipse was visible here in the UK from about 03:00 onwards. I set an alarm for the appropriate time and spent most of an hour watching the eclipse. This was the result.

View attachment 273147
It was pretty awesome here too, but due to the orbital mechanics when the moon rose it was almost 75% occluded. All over approx. 2130 hrs PDT.

Didn't get to see the moon eclipsing, but saw it eclipsed and then coming out of the eclipse. Photos to be uploaded later.

I caught a glimpse approx 1hr 15min after the peak. No blood was left.

All clouds here. The nurse who drew blood for labs this morning said she got to see about a 10 minute sliver, but I missed even that. When I was a teenager, I got to see one pretty much start to finish; pretty cool!

It looked great from here. The minute you walked out the door into the evening, everything around you felt a little bit dark orange. Very eerie. I didn't get any pictures, but it is honestly one of the coolest things that I have ever seen in the night sky.

It was visable right outside my back door, I just had to walk around the stupid black walnut tree to get a clear view. No clouds in the portion of sky where the moon was. I saw it early, came back out a few minutes before peak, and then again an hour later just before going to bed as it was, well, I guess waning is probably the right term...

We had intermittent clouds and clear sky. I watched it from about the start of umbra to full eclipse, with some breaks now and then. Got some shots:

Eclipse early.jpgEclipse early 2.jpgEclipse mid.jpgEclipse Late.jpgBlood Moon 1.jpgBlood Moon 2.jpg

I don't own a camera tripod, but I made a more or less fixed platform with a stepladder and some blocks of wood. Field expedient camera mount, I say.

I'm not much of a photographer, and my equipment is more geared to fast moving objects within a few hundred feet (you know, whooshy things like rockets) than distant celestial things. But, it was enjoyable and I got a few nice ones!

I saw it too, but didn't get any pics. No clouds were out that night so I got a clear view.

Back