1980's Estes kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhkaiser

Reaction score
Came across two Estes kits from late 1970's or 80's.

Estes Eclipse #0846 and Estes Meteor #1370. Also a pack of four A3-4T's that look as old. The kit packages have the plastic open at the top however it appears all parts and instructions are there.

What to do with them? Are they worth anything to anyone? Should I build them? Anyone think the motors will still be good?

You should send them all to me for proper disposal.

TA

If they were mine, I'd build 'em and destroy the motors.

The motors are probably fine. Motors 30-40 years old are flown all the time and work fine, unless:

1) they have been heat cycled (stored in temperatures of over 100F and under 30F.

2) they have been water immersed;

3) the motor casings/ nozzles have visible damage (crushed/ out-of-round casing, cracked or eroding nozzle)

If none of those factors apply the motors are probably fine.

Came across two Estes kits from late 1970's or 80's.

Estes Eclipse #0846 and Estes Meteor #1370. Also a pack of four A3-4T's that look as old. The kit packages have the plastic open at the top however it appears all parts and instructions are there.

What to do with them? Are they worth anything to anyone? Should I build them? Anyone think the motors will still be good?

built the kits and fly the motors....I fly 1960-70's black powder motors all the time. if they have Clay caps I generally scribe an X across the clay to be sure the ejection charge breaks through the hardened clay cap.

Back