Three Oaks launch Nov 21 and 22

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still trying to make the decision, wither or not depends on the weather or not.

With all the propellant preorders I have got already it looks to be a heck of a good time. I still have a number of CTI 54 and 75 3-4 grains for the heavy hitters along with a mess of AT 54 and another vendor will have lots of AT 75 and 98.
Also the Gross family will be there so I can cash in the motors for rocket retrieval services of Brandon when I fly Polish Thunder III.

sorry to hear that. at least every one is ok. The way they make cars now a days it dosn't take much to total them.

Yep she perfectly fine :) , car is totaled

Duct Tape! :D Works great in Nascar...Tested to above 200mph!;) Seriously though, glad she's ok...have seen/been involved with more than a few incredible deer strikes.

It's almost like they want too be hit. :confused:

I’m bringing all the rockets and large motors I had packed but didn’t get to fly at Midwest Power this year which ended up being a bust for me. At MWP I was only was able to get in a few launches on Friday afternoon due to the low clouds and fog that didn’t want to clear until about 2 PM only to have low clouds roll in an hour later, Saturday complete rain out and due to Halloween activities planned with the family had to leave early anyway. Unfortunately couldn’t make it back Sunday. $35 registration and a $225 hotel bill to fly 3 rockets - ouch( one M and two F minis). So really all my rockets and motors are already packed and ready to go.
Definitely will be coming with an array of rockets, some M’s maybe even a large N, especially if the weather looks at all promising. I’m hearing really great things about the Michiana Rocketry Three Oak launches this year and really looking forward to them, I think it will become one of the premiere Midwest launch clubs this year. If you have never made it to a launch at Three Oaks, MI you really have to check it out!

Last edited:
If I can get it finished in time, I'll be bringing my new 15 times up-scaled Estes Swift. 7 1/2" x 70"

Mike

If I can get it finished in time, I'll be bringing my new 15 times up-scaled Estes Swift. 7 1/2" x 70"

Mike

About time you do something with that nosecone!:wink:

I put in a bid (plea) with the wife to see if I might be able to attend. Going to try to join in the fun.

-Eric-

About time you do something with that nosecone!:wink:

I put in a bid (plea) with the wife to see if I might be able to attend. Going to try to join in the fun.

-Eric-

Yea Eric I got it from you a while ago, rocket got started 2 years ago, just never finished it until now.
I hope you make it, I missed seeing ya at MWP.

Mike

Rain rain on Saturday at MWP. Only 2 flights on Sunday, nothing big so I've got the big stuff coming to Three Oaks Michigan. This is a great field and a great group of guys and gals to fly with. Not to mention 3 to 4 vendors on site and a porty potty to boot. See ya all there at the after MWP Power bash.

Sunday dosn't look horible. MWP ended up a one day launch basically. Postponing to Black Friday weekend. Not sure how many would go for that and its a gamble on the weather that weekend also. 2 days ago the forcast looked good all weekend. It's only Tuesday. Weather folks have a hard time being accurate 3 days out.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1447775187.019404.jpg

This is about what the launch site will look like.

Have fun!

looking at the weather looking a little closer maybe going to next week may be a option. Sunday looks to be on the windy side.. See what the weather man says in the next day or so.

A couple of key details wrong there in the picture.

1) no high tension power lines
2) no guard rails

Otherwise looks just like we like it.

And for those coming from points west be careful on I-94:

[YOUTUBE]qvDw9LRcA7I[/YOUTUBE]

what is going on? The rocket gods are angry? Cant seem to catch a break with the weather. See you on Dec 5th/6th.

Jason the photo you posted above looks like Princeton QCRS field with all the high tension power lines, obviously you haven't been to Three Oaks MI as you would have known we have no high tension power lines there to deal with. :grin:

Last edited:
Congrats to John and Gary for becoming the new Michiana Prefect and Treasurer. Rumbelings of many great ideas.

I would suggest either changing the title or starting a new thread with the right dates. ;)

Back