TRF 2016 Calendar Submissions-Voting now open

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of Krakens i haven't flown for a while. First one is a 4" double cluster with canted 38mm motors like the Deuces Wild and then air-starting a pair of motors. Second is a 6" on a M2020

I'll second the middle one above. That's a nice, professional looking shot, and we need more clusters!

I just got an email from the OROC club president that had images of OFFl on it's maiden flight. I think he's got some of the 2nd flight (w/sparky motor)...

Photo Credits: Gary Goncher (w/permission)

Originals are available in a larger format.

Last edited:
Here's one of Kevin Boyd's spectacular cato pics (submitted here with his permission):

Seconded by: blackbrandt
Thirded by: TRFfan

KoolKato_zpsm6zrw9sm.jpg

Last edited:
As promised... Deep Space OFFl's 2nd flight

Photos by Gary Goncher (used w/permission)
Seconded by KenECoyote

Last edited:
PLEASE REMEMBER TO EDIT YOUR POST TO INDICATE A SECOND. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CHECKING IF YOUR POST IS SECONDED.

Man,,
Is that some shot...

Teddy

I know, right! The punch line to this picture is that the rocket on the left cato'd too! The timing wasn't quite right on the subsequent pics, though, so even though there's a double cato in them, they don't look as spectacular as the above pic.

I know, right! The punch line to this picture is that the rocket on the left cato'd too! The timing wasn't quite right on the subsequent pics, though, so even though there's a double cato in them, they don't look as spectacular as the above pic.

I'm not sure,,
but I don't think I've ever seen burning chunks of propellant ricocheting off the ground like that...

Man,, What a shot...lol...

Teddy

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. YOU MUST GO THROUGH AND ADD THE SECOND TO YOUR PHOTO.

A couple of Krakens i haven't flown for a while. First one is a 4" double cluster with canted 38mm motors like the Deuces Wild and then air-starting a pair of motors. Second is a 6" on a M2020

I love Krakens! I'll second all of them. Especially the one in the middle

(Those would be the Krakens from Post #60)

:)

Last edited:
How about one or two from LDRS? (I'm done I swear)
21881102041_62490a7eb3_z.jpg
21684614239_f58c96417d_z.jpg

21845349366_b0f2c53ddb_z.jpg
21683670598_fd63d0f8b7_z.jpg

21881131681_fd5707dcc5_z.jpg
21248778084_4e2445673b_z.jpg

21250427353_35f417dff5_z.jpg

I'll second any / all of these as well, although you might want to double-check rules about publishing the crowd shot. (Some people might not take kindly to having their image reproduced in a calendar without their permission.)

I'm not sure,,
but I don't think I've ever seen burning chunks of propellant ricocheting off the ground like that...

Man,, What a shot...lol...

Teddy

Here's a close up of the burning fragment that went off to the upper left. Note the distortion from the heat:

RicochetZoom_zpsbbqatbbp.jpg

Wow,,
Amazing ,,
That's what a fast auto winder will do...
I once told Dave M that his camera was so fast it sounded like an old super 8 movie camera...lol...
It probably takes about the same amount of frames per second...lol...

Teddy

Last edited:
Here is the first flight of my Titan II that had one of the EZ forward closure blow by's...model was repaired without too much trouble and the other picture I submitted was a later flight...This was a J-570...both pieces had full recovery with no recovery/parachute damage, just flame singing of the inside coupler...

Seconded by Blackbrandt via PM

5-16-2015_Titan_flight1-14.jpg

Last edited:
I love pictures of catos, and they are, as Neil McIlvray says, "Very cool." But I'm not sure putting pictures of catos in a calendar that non-rocketry people might see is a good idea. It's kind of like admitting you like auto racing for the crashes.

I think nice pictures of beautiful rockets in flight is what we want, no?

I love pictures of catos, and they are, as Neil McIlvray says, "Very cool." But I'm not sure putting pictures of catos in a calendar that non-rocketry people might see is a good idea. It's kind of like admitting you like auto racing for the crashes.

Full agreement.

I agree, I'd rather see a nice picture of a good flight, but it was a cool photo, and people can vote on what they want to see, there have a been a crap-ton of cato pics posted...I just wanted to share mine.

I may as well submit two of my best shots. Full size NEF or jpeg is available should either be chosen. This is probably the prettiest paint job I have done to date, so I gave it a K740 cstar to match -
pAUbQ5a.png

This is my L3 flying off the famous Aeropac 100k uber rail -
CnDKdkC.png

EDIT - seconded by PropellantHead in #86 - thanks!

Last edited:
I may as well submit two of my best shots. Full size NEF or jpeg is available should either be chosen. This is probably the prettiest paint job I have done to date, so I gave it a K740 cstar to match -
pAUbQ5a.png

CnDKdkC.png

File sharing sites are blocked at my work. So these don't show up for me. :sad:

I'll second these!

pAUbQ5a.png

CnDKdkC.png

How many non-rocketry people that could have any effect on our hobby might see these calendars? They'll be hanging in our homes and in our cubicles/offices and, for the latter, may not even be in a spot where passers-by can even see them. And we'll be talking about...what?...about 25-30 calendars total (Blackbrandt: correct me if I'm off base with the numbers) so unless you work in the ATFE and hang one of these up in the break room, they will have no impact.

These calendars are for *us* and, personally speaking, I want to see lots of gorgeous flights going perfectly. But I would also like to see one or two CATO shots on there to remind me what the price is for not being vigilant.

And, oh, by the way, I LOVE RACING FOR THE CRASHES! ;)

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. YOU MUST GO THROUGH AND ADD THE SECOND TO YOUR PHOTO.

I freely admit that I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this.

Should the OP edit their original pics with a comment that refers to a second post by another member where the original photo was seconded? Would that look something like this?

[Seconded in Post #87]

Or do you mean something else?

Yes, that's what I mean. A photo will only go into the voting if it has a second. I cannot go through and check if every photo has been seconded.

Here is my V2 flying on a H550-ST !

Tripoli Las Vegas SpringFest March 21 2015 .. Jean, NV

Thanks for the great photo Alex !

Kenny

1444766737984.jpg

Last edited:
Back