TRF 2016 Calendar Submissions-Voting now open

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Ted's permission!! Here is Ted's shot of my Rocketry Warehouse X-Celerator at Red Glare 17, Higgs Farm, MDRA, April 2015. Ted says he will second, but he is very busy with making harnesses right now.

Seconded: Ted Chernok (One Bad Hawk) and burkefj

View attachment 273412

Last edited:
First, Second and Third rules of good photography:

1. Always make sure the sun is behind you when taking a picture.
2. Never have the sun in the picture itself unless it is the primary subject.
3. Never ever Ever EVER violate rules 1 & 2.

I Don't like rules. There's plenty of reasons to shoot into the sun.

4585928384_6d35e80707.jpg

I'll toss a couple in for this year... (I'll also throw in a blanket approval for anyone who has any of my photos to submit them to this calendar)
seconded by CZ Brat (thanks man) I can likely widen most of these up to fit a calendar better if requested.
20966261546_95e3531a6c_c.jpg

21000266872_ca98a1a5b0_c.jpg

17612107379_3410a67086_c.jpg

19361371951_f73b1bec94_c.jpg

17772071686_b19e3d2372_c.jpg

19421330264_d9fb60ac21_c.jpg

17884240756_cf69e6f555_c.jpg

19223741521_98b31c5ec6_c.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0031.jpg

Here is my Minnie Magg on a Pro 38 I223 Skidmark in North Branch, MN.

Seconded by DizWolf

Last edited:
I would like to submit the following photo. Would someone please second the photo?

Thobin has seconded this photo (post #44). Thanks, Thobin!

IMG_3189.jpg

Last edited:
*emerges from behind the old oak door*

I've been summoned!

Oh, and the Stealth is the 29mm version, I think. I'll ask March (DJ Dead Parrot) next time I see him (or maybe he'll see this thread and reply)

38mm Stealth on an H123.

*returns to the hole in the vacant lot out back of the Ralph's and huddles with them*

Seconded by Daddyisabar

I would like to submit these photos
The first and last are Bear Creek Lake in Lakewood, CO
The second is in the desert near Boise, ID
The third is at Hudson Ranch near Pueblo, CO

DSC_1975 copy.JPGDSC_2674 copy.JPGDSC_4220.jpgDSC_3207.jpg

Last edited:
From the top of this page John Bat Mite asked if the shot on the right is mine,, it is,, and your welcome to use it of course..
Dave,, man, you've got to be kidding ,, that shot in the sun is just beautiful man,, now that's the shot of a lifetime for me anyway..
Then the rocket shots are just fantastic, , unbelievable man....
How do you choose.. lol...
I have some I'd like to submit but uploading here is really time consuming. ...
I'll do some tomorrow. ..

Teddy

Oh,, and thank you very much for doing this again Matt.....

Thanks teddy.

The sunset isn't perfect, but it was fun. Those are my parents at Sunset bay, NY on Lake Erie, where we've got a cottage we all grew up at. I love the lake. I shot for the sunset, then keyed in and AlienBee 800 through a white umbrella to light my parents. Can't remember what I set the strobe to. I've got a portable battery pack for the strobe. It's pretty bad ass. Just need a porter to carry the thing. I love that shot lol.

As for rockets. I pick fast. Think too long and it's impossible. I'd dump my entire 141 ldrs "best" photos into this if I didn't stop. I also try to avoid other people rockets as much as possible. I'd have tossed your L3 in....but not my thunder you know?

Oh are you kiddin me Dave,, put it in,, I'd be honored if it were picked,, I don't remember how great of a shot it came out as..
I grew up in a place called Reflections lake in Pennsylvania,, well that and the city...
Man you should have seen that lake on a calm day,, in the afternoon..
One of the most beautiful settings you've ever seen..
Man you would have been in your glory making picture post cards there,, lol..
I got a shot of the sunset next to Sandy standing on the deck of a cruise ship once,,
I thought it was just gorgeous ,,, it's no where near as dramatic as the one of your folks,,
That really is a special shot...

You guy's are welcome to put any shots of mine in that you like..
You can take a look in my site,,
I bet you'll find some cool shots of lot's of peoples rockets there...

Teddy

I would like to submit these photos
The first and last are Bear Creek Lake in Lakewood, CO
The second is in the desert near Boise, ID
The third is at Hudson Ranch near Pueblo, CO

View attachment 273440View attachment 273441View attachment 273442View attachment 273443

I will second these. They really need to have the stories told that go behind them. #4 The first time you went to CRASH just having moved from Hawaii and it was like minus 15. You thought no one would be there but some crazy dudes showed up and you joined the club. #2 Rouge desert launching. #3 Fun with a scratch built Canadian rocket at NARAM.

Oh are you kiddin me Dave,, put it in,, I'd be honored if it were picked,, I don't remember how great of a shot it came out as..

Seconded by Bat-mite

There are benefits to launching late in the day... dunno which I like more.
19595903801_b8c14833d8_b.jpg

19595899851_4f5855d2c2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow,, those really came out fantastic. ...
That white lens is really no fair Dave,, lol...
Gorgeous shots man....

Teddy

I will second these. They really need to have the stories told that go behind them. #4 The first time you went to CRASH just having moved from Hawaii and it was like minus 15. You thought no one would be there but some crazy dudes showed up and you joined the club. #2 Rouge desert launching. #3 Fun with a scratch built Canadian rocket at NARAM.

The best launches were the winter ones. Thanks Dave!

I'm going to leave this thread open for another 2 weeks approximately.

This thread will be closed to submissions on Sunday, October 18th, at 1300 EST. All photos without a second at that point will be discarded from the count. All photos seconded before then will be placed into a poll where users can vote on them.

Matt, you put "13" in the headline and "18" in the text. "13" is not a Sunday, so would you may want to correct the headline.

Man, Ted, that is still one gorgeous rocket. I'll second these, but I like the one that is totally in the air best!

Thank you John,,
That rocket is 10 ft tall..
Do you see how long that flame is,, the load was a Aerotech M 1297 W..
That flight went to bout 11K and was the first time that rocket ever came near mach...
.9--- didn't quite make it through though...
Dave really caught it just right in the late afternoon light...
That was my level 3 cert flight ...

Jeff you got some beautiful shots there yourself..
I'll second those for sure....

Teddy

A couple of Krakens i haven't flown for a while. First one is a 4" double cluster with canted 38mm motors like the Deuces Wild and then air-starting a pair of motors. Second is a 6" on a M2020

[video=youtube;248ZLdN4Gis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=248ZLdN4Gis[/video]

Middle photo seconded...

krakenroc22.jpg

OSKraken.jpg

Last edited:
Back