TRF 2016 Calendar Submissions-Voting now open

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Here is the official TRF 2016 Calendar submission thread. I will get an official sign-up form running in the next few days.

DA RULES:
You may submit as many photos as you like.

If you have a picture you would like to use, there are only a few requirements:
1. You must be the photographer of the picture, or have EXPLICIT permission from the owner of the picture. DO NOT POST A PICTURE WITHOUT FIRST HAVING PERMISSION!
2. Each picture, in order to be eligible for the calendar, must have a "second" by another user.
3. Please have a full res copy of the picture available.
4. When you get a second, please edit your post saying "Seconded by ______". This is your responsibility. I am not responsible for searching if a photo has been seconded or not.
5. Photos that were in last year's calendar are not eligible to be submitted, however, non-winning photos are eligible for re-submission.
6. By submitting your photo, you give me (Matt Fletcher) full rights to edit and share your photo as necessary for calendar purposes.
Submit away!!!

I'm going to leave this thread open for another 2 weeks approximately.

This thread will be closed to submissions on Sunday, October 18th, at 1300 EST. All photos without a second at that point will be discarded from the count. All photos seconded before then will be placed into a poll where users can vote on them.

Last edited:
And I'll start out with my picture of Jim Scarpine's Star Leopard on a Loki Research M3464 at LDRS34 in Potter, NY.

Seconded by Codysmith.

DSC_6977.jpg

Last edited:
11953454_1126005297427786_7366995128073693579_o.jpg11942097_1126005190761130_5166154788738593323_o.jpg

I'll second the picture of Starleopard. Here is a picture of Big Bootay on a J800 and Our Children's Future on a M3500 and last but not least the impromptu charge test at LDRS :p

All Seconded by Nate

Attachments

• blast.jpg
    blast.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
I will look at my orangeburg photos this weekend. I think a token shot a rocket from the lost field would a good one.

I'll second codys pics, especially the charge test!

Nate

A close drag race between my Woket and an Art Applewhite Stealth:

Seconded by JD2CYLMAN
Thirdedededed by FLYFALCONS

TRFcal_zpsho31gynt.jpg

Last edited:
Glenn, what do you do for recovery on the Wocket, not motor ejection? Which Stealth is that?

Jim,

I built this one as per the instructions and it has a motor assembly ejection w/ parachute. Here's a pic of the descent. Not surprisingly, the descent rate doesn't slow much after the cute deploys. :) Oh, and the Stealth is the 29mm version, I think. I'll ask March (DJ Dead Parrot) next time I see him (or maybe he'll see this thread and reply)

WoketParachute_zpsjxqybkpj.jpg

All about the kiddos.S

Seconded by noffie79 in post 12

20150815_122029.jpg

Last edited:
I'll second Flyfalcons "All about the kiddos"
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1443289013.657118.jpg
My Estes Ventris on a G40-7W
Seconded by Flyfalcons

Last edited:
How about a beautiful rocket on the pad, even though there is no action? That's my Rocketry Warehouse X-Celerator "Sky Burner" at MDRA ESL 206, right before I lost it in the trees.

IMG_0945.jpg

Second picture seconded by blackbrandt

Ok. I want to play this year.
Here's my Competitor 3 on a CTI L1030 RL at LDRS 34 [photo by DizWolf (David McCann), submitted with permission].

LDRS-002-cropped.jpg

LDRS-001.jpg

I think these have to be my favorite photos from my launches this year. Not sure if one is better than the other so I am showing both.

And wow, the forum really crops down the photo's. The originals are much higher-res and look cleaner.

Last edited:
second up,

Wildman 3" Punisher "Fury", rising on White dry Lake bed, north of Reno, at Reno Rocketry's June Club launch.

Motor is an Aerotech I327DM.

Fury.jpg

Last,

Rocketry Warehouse Sub-Lime, clearing the sage at Oregon Rocketry 2015 NXRS Launch at the Brothers launch site.

Motor is an Aerotech K805G (mohave green).

SubLime Launch.jpg

Ok. I want to play this year.
Here's my Competitor 3 on a CTI L1030 RL at LDRS 34 [photo by DizWolf (David McCann), submitted with permission].

View attachment 273028

View attachment 273027

I think these have to be my favorite photos from my launches this year. Not sure if one is better than the other so I am showing both.

And wow, the forum really crops down the photo's. The originals are much higher-res and look cleaner.

Seconding the second one.

Wildman 3" DarkStar on a J400
A little different perspective, having the whole launch site, as we see it most of the time

1443355670613.jpg

Last edited:
Here are mine:seconded by bat-mite

1)Redstone Missile, 7.5" 25 pounds, 8' tall, 7 pound basswood cone from sandman flying on J-510

2)Scratch built Titan II Missile, 20 pounds 7' tall, flying on a J-510

Frank

Rocketober-a77-9.jpg

5-16-2015_Titan_flight2-5.jpg

Last edited:
Here are mine:

1)Redstone Missile, 7.5" 25 pounds, 8" tall, 7 pound basswood cone from sandman flying on J-510

2)Scratch built Titan II Missile, 20 pounds 7' tall, flying on a J-510

Frank

I'll second both of Frank's.

Just a friendly reminder to PLEASE add the "Seconded by _____" to your post. If I do not see that, it will not be added to the voting list. Again, I am not responsible for looking to see if your photo was seconded.

I'll throw in a liftoff photo from my Satellite Interceptor. Admittedly, the color sucks, but maybe you can do something with that.

go3.jpg

Second by Oldschool77

Last edited:
Seconded by blackbrandt

This is my Madcow fiberglass Little John going up for my L1 certification flight on July 11, 2015 at the Laünch Crüe’s 25th Anniversary Meeting and Sport Launch in Holland, IN. Motor is an AT I285R. Photo, with permission, by Mike Borman

lc071115_11 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I'll throw in a liftoff photo from my Satellite Interceptor. Admittedly, the color sucks, but maybe you can do something with that.

View attachment 273250

First, Second and Third rules of good photography:

1. Always make sure the sun is behind you when taking a picture.
2. Never have the sun in the picture itself unless it is the primary subject.
3. Never ever Ever EVER violate rules 1 & 2.

Back