CTI M-1300 Dual Thrust problem

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailorbill

Reaction score
I helped a friend of mine assemble a CTI M1300 Dual thrust motor at AIRFest and he never got to fly it. Any idea how long it is ok to store it before launching it? Any storage tips etc. I would hate to see this motor go to waste. I this question over on the CTI thread too. I was thinking we could Vacuum seal it in a food saver bag to keep the atmosphere out.
Any help would be appreciated.

I helped a friend of mine assemble a CTI M1300 Dual thrust motor at AIRFest and he never got to fly it. Any idea how long it is ok to store it before launching it? Any storage tips etc. I would hate to see this motor go to waste. I this question over on the CTI thread too. I was thinking we could Vacuum seal it in a food saver bag to keep the atmosphere out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jeroen from CTI will likely answer this but you should post it in the CTI thread https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?35532-CTI-Cesaroni-Technology/page33

I would say that regardless of the how long is it good to that vac bagging it in a food saver would not hurt.

Yep I already posted it in the CTI thread. No joy there yet. :(
Using the "Shotgun" approach for more coverage. :wink:

Put the nozzle cap on, tape to seal.
If no cap....wrap baggie/plastic around nozzle and tape.
Keep moisture out of core, if you live where high humidity lurks.

Store until polar ice caps melt, your good to go.

All kidding aside, I have stored and flown motors like this after 4 yrs. [M's]

you might consider loosening the forward and aft closures to relieve the strain on the o-rings, that way they don't "take a set" while under compression.

I was under the impression SU motors didnt use orings because they were glued together. Have I been misinformed these past decades?

I was under the impression SU motors didnt use orings because they were glued together. Have I been misinformed these past decades?

I was under the impression (per CTI's website) that the M1300 is a Pro75 reload. Aerotech's M1350 is a DMS (SU) motor though.

Rich you miss my point. Chris inferred that SU motors used orings. At least that's what I got from his post. I was refuting that.

Put the nozzle cap on, tape to seal.
If no cap....wrap baggie/plastic around nozzle and tape.
Keep moisture out of core, if you live where high humidity lurks.

Store until polar ice caps melt, your good to go.

All kidding aside, I have stored and flown motors like this after 4 yrs. [M's]
Thanks Jim!

I got this response from Dr. Jeroen on the CTI Thread.
"If you can bag it with some desiccant it will be fine - provided it is stored between 10F and 90F."
Thanks to everybody for the comments.

Yes DMS single use motors have o-rings. The L1000 has a o-ring between each grain. Not used in the same way as closure O-rings.

Back