Any Wishbone Ash Fans Here?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MALBAR 70

More Rockets Than Room
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just got home from seeing Wishbone Ash for the first time. What an amazing live band. The guitar and vocal harmonies were outstanding and the bass and drums were as tight as possible. I was totally blown away and even Mrs. MALBAR enjoyed herself, and she is a diehard country fan.

I was just wondering if there were any other WA fans here, as they are kind of obscure for a band that's been around for 40+ years.

Can't believe those guys are still together and playing. I saw em back in the early 70's at an outdoor concert. Their opening tune was "Blowin' Free" and it sounded great. One of those shows where you make a bee line to the record store to get the LP.

How old are they now?

Andy Powell is the only original member and he is 65. The band was formed in 1969 I believe. I'm not a huge fan, (although I own a few of their albums) but they have influenced a lot of the other bands I listen to. I saw that they were playing in the area and figured I'd check them out. I'm very glad I did, one of the best live bands I've seen in a long time.

Huh. I haven't thought about them since around '75. Long ago and far away. Glad they put on a good show.

Never seen them live, but have been a fan and own several of their early albums, Argus is by far the best.

...Fred

Latest posts

Back