Interesting rockets for 38mm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molten_dragon

Reaction score
After building and flying a few rockets, I've realized that smaller rockets with 29mm and 38mm motors are kind of the butter zone. They're easier to build and cheaper to fly, so I can fly more of them more often.

So I was wondering what suggestions people had for interesting rockets that take 38mm motors. I'm hoping for something beyond the standard 3FNC style, as I already have one of those.

I think US Rockets has a cluster rocket with four outboard 24mm mounts and a central 29mm mount. I need to get it myself. It's a cool looking rocket. :)

Pemberton Technologies Space Ark. 38mm, flies on large G through small I motors.

I totally agree with your butter zone, I prefer the same for the same reasons.

LOC Onyx
LOC Minnie Magg (everybody should have one)

Strictly based on kits I own and in no particular order, although I am partial to the Bull Pup and Arreaux:

29mm:
Wildman Jart
Wildman Min Eagle Claw with Dual Deploy option
Aerotech Arreaux (Single deploy and another converted to dual deploy)

38mm: (all stock single deploy, but I converted to dual deploy, except the Mariah)
Madcow 4" Tembo
Madcow 3" Little John
PML 3" Bull Puppy
Performance Rocketry carbon fiber Mongoose (OOP)
GLR Mariah

Strictly based on kits I own and in no particular order, although I am partial to the Bull Pup and Arreaux:

29mm:
Wildman Jart
Wildman Min Eagle Claw with Dual Deploy option
Aerotech Arreaux (Single deploy and another converted to dual deploy)

38mm: (all stock single deploy, but I converted to dual deploy, except the Mariah)
Madcow 4" Tembo
Madcow 3" Little John
PML 3" Bull Puppy
Performance Rocketry carbon fiber Mongoose (OOP)
GLR Mariah

I thought the OP said he was looking for non-3FNC. Almost this whole list is 3FNC.

I thought the OP said he was looking for non-3FNC. Almost this whole list is 3FNC.

My bad, I did the one thing I hate that others do and read the beginning but not the end.

Okay revised to:

PML Bull Puppy and Madcow 3" Honest John...still if the OP is open to a three fin the Aerotech Arreaux is a great bird.

Tough crowd!

My bad, I did the one thing I hate that others do and read the beginning but not the end.

Okay revised to:

PML Bull Puppy and Madcow 3" Honest John...still if the OP is open to a three fin the Aerotech Arreaux is a great bird.

Tough crowd!

Now that's a good list! :)

How about Wildman Jayhawk? That's 38mmt... Definitely not 3fnc...
Wildman AAD 54 Interceptor has a 38mmt, although it is 3fnc, it's cool fins.

Adrian

After building and flying a few rockets, I've realized that smaller rockets with 29mm and 38mm motors are kind of the butter zone. They're easier to build and cheaper to fly, so I can fly more of them more often.

So I was wondering what suggestions people had for interesting rockets that take 38mm motors. I'm hoping for something beyond the standard 3FNC style, as I already have one of those.

By "beyond 3FNC" do you mean "still a conventional shaped, rocket, e.g. tube fins" or do you mean "oddroc, e.g. a spool or monocopter?"

You could always try the the King Kraken...

Thanks for all the cool suggestions everyone. I definitely see a few I'm interested in.

Back