Baguette Rocket, 29mm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NattyDread

Reaction score
I am serious about this. I want to build a hp rocket made from a long baguette. I am a level 2 w a reasonable amt of experience. I read that you can harden bread at low temp, then shellack it and it will harden and not rot. Like if u were silly enough to want a centerpiece on your table made of bread. I don't get silk flowers , either.

If I put a 29 mm motor mount in, maybe with some slightly larger tube around it, I could attach fins through that tube to the MM. The baguette would have to have enough shellack on it to be hard inside and out. Kind of a rocket w a baguette facade. Anyone got ideas or thoughts on this?

Sounds great...all though it could just look like a giant flying turd too 😊

Bravo for the Flying Baguette! After drying you could coat it in thin epoxy for a bit more structural integrity.
And I never got plastic fruit....

LOL, I built a rocket using a tube rolled from a flour tortilla, fins were corn chips, nose cone was a jalapeno. I added an actual motor tube, launch lug and recovery components. Painted it with enchilada sauce and sealed the whole thing. Very fragile, especially the Jalapeno :eyepop: I look forward to your flying food.

LOL, I built a rocket using a tube rolled from a flour tortilla, fins were corn chips, nose cone was a jalapeno. I added an actual motor tube, launch lug and recovery components. Painted it with enchilada sauce and sealed the whole thing. Very fragile, especially the Jalapeno :eyepop: I look forward to your flying food.
I guess that's sort of a literal take on "burrito-wrap"...

Bravo for the Flying Baguette! After drying you could coat it in thin epoxy for a bit more structural integrity.
And I never got plastic fruit....
I like the epoxy idea! Avoid the turd look, check

Must resist inserting bread joke about cost here.... :kill:
Good luck. I would suggest the longest bread loaf you can find. The one supermarket near me has nice 3ft loaves... Maybe a baguette for the booster?

Adrian

Subway sandwiches used to have 6 foot subs you could special order. Maybe they still do. It was a 6 foot long one piece roll.

Back