• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Midwest Power Sale: High Power Rocket kits and components

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECayemberg

Reaction score
Midwest Power 13 Sale Part I.....and so it begins. All SOLD; thanks Guys n' gals!!!

This is Part I of the sale; mostly (built) high power rocket kits. Please note that the built kits will not be shipped, rather delivered to Midwest Power on Halloween weekend 2015. These are well-constructed rockets...I don't sell junk....unless I tell you I'm selling you junk:wink:. Feel free to ask any questions; as with my other sales, satisfaction guaranteed...IE: I'm not going to hit you with surprises! Every year around this time, I reflect upon where I’m at in the hobby and what isn’t being used. Quite simply, I really like the rockets I’m selling, but I don’t have enough room to store the ones I’ve got, let alone build some new toys that I want to build! Hoping to thin the herd once again.

5.5" Madcow V-2.....SOLD
Another G-12 based V-2 gem. Built by Gary Pletzer (Mr. Top Flight Recovery), never flown by either of us. 54mm mount, single or dual deploy (complete e-bay in the nosecone shoulder). Aeropack retainer. Nice rocket, just needs some paint and someone to fly it!

Retail: 300
RTF Price: $175

021_zps1rkmgvns.jpg

Both V-2's for comparison purposes:

019_zpsogvrjfky.jpg

6” G-12 Project Pack
44” G-12 airframe
20” G-12 airframe
4:1 PML glass nosecone
-think I have a coupler, some rings, and maybe even some fins for this critter if interested.

Retail: ~$350
Price: 225

The following are sold pending funds.

6" Wildman V-2...SOLD
The 2014 MWP12 drag racer! Flown once (M3100WT to 14,400'). She's a beaut, well designed, G-12 airframe, 75mm mount, dual deploy ready. Stick your motor in (accommodates up to 75-5G) and fly.

Retail:$500
Ready to fly (RTF) price: $275

020_zpstrnzemqf.jpg

5" Wildman Super Jart Dual Deploy....SOLD
Built as the Thunderstruck (5?) drag racer, this awesome rocket has two flights on it (both L910 C-stars). Some ultra-competitive builder swiss cheezed the fin roots in an effort to lighten the rear end. Well, that didn’t pan out as the fins flew off during the drag race. Fins were replaced with stock versions, and carbon fiber added as additional means of keeping them in place. Flight #2 with the L910 = flawless to 8675’. Dual deploy, really nice, could use some fine sanding of the carbon fin can if you so desire.

Retail: 250????
RTF Price: 175

011_zpsydpm0bel.jpg

4” Wildman RB-05 Saab......SOLD......
Build thread documented here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?121242-A-Saab-Story.
A great rocket. I really like this one, and went crazy on a Saab kick for a little while. Likes vs. dislikes: Likes: great kit, awesome looks, one of my all time favorite military designs, flies absolutely wonderful as built!!!! Dislikes: it is a scale missile with a lot of forward fin area…since I like my rockets to fly straight, it has a lot of noseweight! Again, great rocket, just not my current flavor of a flyer.

Retail: 200 Black Saturday
RTF Price: 140

016_zpsl7x9ucdo.jpg

SOLD......4” Performance Rocketry (PR) Little John
This is an oldy but goody! PR made a few of these kits shortly after they got into the kit business. This is a wonderful rocket with 8 flights on it. It has many scratches and dings on it from landing on the gravel runway at Bong. It could use a touchup of the fins (molded 1 piece can) and nosecone, but I’ve got you covered there….can of OD green paint and a new set of “US ARMY” decals included in the sale. This short-ish rocket is set up with dual deploy (main in the nosecone). Great flyer on 38-4G to 54-4G motors. Again, needs some TLC, but is a great trusty bird with a few miles under her belt!

Retail: No clue!
RTF Price: 75

022_zpsodmtra8v.jpg

SOLD......Loc 4-29SS
Help me fly this thing! Great rocket. Built it, planned on flying it, and just haven’t gotten around to it! Airframe and fins are covered in Monokote or Ultracote, nosecone is a Scotglass 3” fiberglass cone that is similar in shape and weight to a stock Loc 3” ogive cone. I cut the upper (34”) airframe in two pieces in order to add a payload section (red part). Great rocket just needs someone to fly it!

Retail: $86
Price: 60

026_zpsi4hrwdua.jpg

Loc Cyclotron....SOLD.....
Need a beater? Here she is! 6 flights on her. I realized I haven’t flown this tuber in several years. Extremely stable flyer, has glassed phenolic tube fins for increased durability, 38mm mount and an a Slimline retainer installed. Plenty of life left in her, but she’s well flown and far from perfect; though 100% flight worthy. Rather than sitting in my basement, anyone wanna fly her?

Retail: $88
Price: 25

014_zps7nkhigou.jpg

Switching gears, how about some kits/short kits? Note: these could be shipped, though heavy preference is for dropoff/pickup at Midwest Power 13!

Wildman 2.2” RB-05 Saab....SOLD....
What can I say? Another excellent Wildman offering in virgin kit form. 2.2” thin wall diameter, 38mm mount, ready to be built!

Retail: $60 Black Saturday
Price: 45

SOLD.....4” Filament wound Carbon fiber tube
48” filament wound carbon tube; this is an early offering from Curtis Turner, originally purchased on Rocketry Online (yeah!). A nice tube that needs to become airworthy! If I remember correct, the OD is a bit larger than the current offerings. Can get a measurement if seriously interested…priced accordingly!
Retail: ~$220
Price: 100

Thanks for looking! More to come (chutes, zinc powder, and other stuff I come across!!!)

-Eric-

Last edited:
WOW!!! these are some good deals!! If anyone is wondering the quality of the billions here, I can recommended any of them. In having a hard time not jumping on a few of them!!

Jason
(Trying to talk himself out of a spare 6"V2)

Set aside the 4" carbon fiber tube for me, I'll bring you the cash at Midwest Power.

Thanks Jason and Manny! Mark, received your PM as well. Will update the list and bring any sold items to MWP!

-Eric-

When things are said and done and if nobody wants the 4-29SS I would like it if shipping can be arranged.

Thanks Al,
I was trying to ignore the 4-29SS seeing as I already have Tim Dixon's to mess with, but somehow Eric's was calling to me. I will gladly defer to you.

Adrian

Just a quick update....

-4-29SS sold
-4" Little John sold
-4" carbon tube sold.

First post updated accordingly.

Thank you for your interest and to the buyers!:)

-Eric-

Another update:

5" Super Jart sold.

Prices on all unsold rockets lowered!:). First post updated accordingly.

-Eric-

A quick bump to say that the 6" V-2 has sold; 5.5" V-2 and some parts remain.

I will be at MWP on Sunday only....if you would like your rocket earlier in the weekend, please let me know as my Dad will be there the entire time.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

-Eric-

Back