W errors in Thrustcurve Motor Guide

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am posting this here because I am sure John will will see it and respond.

Attached is a Motor Guide run using Aerotech 29 reloads. Nearly half the motors are missing total motor weight and thus raising the "W" error. Many of these motors are old standbys with a long history, certifications, and updates, so I surprised the mass is still in question. In fact, the RASP files do contain a total motor mass. Why the disclaimer? Thanks.

Capture.PNG

...or you could've just hit the link on the site and sent him an email about it. There's never been an issue raised when an error or omission can be corrected. Now you'll have to wait and hope that he sees your post rather than knowing he'll respond to your email.

As Editor on Thrustcurve I am a little surprised by this. When a motor is entered into the database, which is not the same as the motor file itself, one of the basics is total mass and propellant mass.

Will discuss with John.

Yes, but the original database was populated by scraping the TMT data, which was very incomplete and inconsistent. If you are able to find a copy of the certification document for a motor missing data, please send an email to Mark or myself and we can update it manually. The NAR site is pretty good about linking the certification documents, but the TMT site is a mess. AeroTech has posted many of the certification documents on their site, so that's often a good source.

For those who are willing to help, I've attached a list of motors missing either propellant or total weight (as a zipped CSV file).
View attachment missing_wgt.zip

Last edited:
Back