Min diam. 29mm rocket.. Where?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once upon a time there was the Vaughan Brother's Extreme 29...good luck finding one or whoever's nosecone they used :p

I believe this is exactly what Estesbasher does. He glasses Estes tubes and makes crazy small and light stuff. I wished I could see them in person.[/QUOTE
The ones I've done lately have had two wraps of 3oz, fiberglass, I'll use the BT-55 tubes from Estes. This way I can turn the retainers to fit the outside of the tube. When you run these small of tubes MD. And you don't have some kind of positive retention, you take the chance of kicking the motor case at deployment. I ccan get these rockets in the 6K. range easy on the G-80-14 This rocket does over a mile on the G-64-10 Grouch if you want to see one fly Alex got a video of one flying, If you go to the bottom of the front page on the Uroc site. https://www.uroc.org/ Alex did a Montage from the year and it's at 3:51 into the video. That rocket did right at 6K on the G-80. I'll get a few more pictures together and post some more about these rockets.

Would you consider showing off one of these at the next UROC meeting (October), or at one of the launches? Would love to see this! Especially given that G streamer duration is on the agenda for NARAM 58.

Once upon a time there was the Vaughan Brother's Extreme 29...good luck finding one or whoever's nosecone they used :p

Yeah, good memory! If I remember I'll take a picture of a VB ad in HPR Magazine showing the Extreme 29 and post it here.

]

Would you consider showing off one of these at the next UROC meeting (October), or at one of the launches? Would love to see this! Especially given that G streamer duration is on the agenda for NARAM 58.[/QUOTE]
Sure I'd be more than happy to Bill

<post about solid urethane PML conical 29mm nosecones>

I find they break easily, and I need the space for tracking and deployment.

Apogee used to sell am injection molded nosecones - don't know if they still do. I'm using one in my "F-Bomb" min diam.

Has anyone actually crushed one in flight? I know this is an issue on big rockets, and a failure looks like a cloud of confetti, but...

Back