You know what I hate?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

75Grandville

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Besides black jelly beans and having a scale model of the Eiffel Tower hammered up my nose with a ball peen hammer?

:mad:CANCELLED LAUNCHES!!!:mad:

You know, when you stay up extra late frantically trying to get your rockets ready, and prepping for your L2 flight, and then when you get up early and check the club's website, and the launch has been cancelled. I hate when that happens!

IMG_1490.jpg

Oh well, guess I have time now to get everything beyond the primer stage before first flight. Still, I will admit to being greatly disappointed.

To all of those of you whose clubs have launches that are not cancelled this weekend:

Sigh - fly one for me.

I hear you. It's been a heck of a year for launches here. We were rained out all spring and are now suffering through burn bans. We had a scheduled launch today, but got hit by rain as we were setting up.

We got our launch in - for the Cub Scout pack and a group of special needs kids that showed up and braved the rain that started falling. None of the club members got rockets out of the car.

Don't say that! I will be feeling your lack of launch pain veeery soon. On the plus side, the building season is long!

I feel your pain man. Burn ban or rain down here. Pick your poison but no launching either way :(.

Me too, our Saturday launch was cancelled Friday, bust my butt getting things ready, couldn’t even get a answer as to why.

TA

Guys,

I feel your pain. We are on 4 months cancelled and not light at the end of the tunnel. I have a serious withdrawal. I am currently look for other launches.

Even worse: get everything ready and get called to work the weekend.

You could use the day to put some paint on those rockets! :grin:

The Interceptor got another coat of primer, and the bottom got two coats of Apple Red. The top required sanding the nosecone completely bare, and will get white sometime this week.

The Jayhawk also got another coat of primer, and two coats of Apple Red. Waiting for the paint to dry before topcoating with orange.

Loc 4-29SS got spirals filled.

Darkstar Jr. was heavily wet-sanded, as it had an unfortunate encounter with the ground, sans parachute.

We're talking the same launch - I just didn't check until Sat. AM

Yup looks like, I didn't get much of an answer as too why, just no club officer present? like we need them! :) I could have pulled the trailer we all have set up a bunch of times, we know the rules! And we are suposta reschedule for the next week if a launch is canceled. NOPE next month!

Ya the woman put me to work. "Aww that's to bad honey, now you can do some work around the house, here is a list."

TA

I feel for you. MDRA rarely ever cancels a launch, but all that means is that you drive an hour to get there and sit in your vehicle watching it rain. Last year I missed four months in a row because of rain and snow. But this year I have hit nine for nine.

My travel time is and hour forty and I agree, it is worse to get there and the wind is howling five minuets after you finish setting up or raining.

TA

Guys,

I feel your pain. We are on 4 months cancelled and not light at the end of the tunnel. I have a serious withdrawal. I am currently look for other launches.

Chuck, just curious. Are you unable to find a suitable field, or have you found fields but been turned down by the owners?

Back