Words of Wisdom

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Someone once told me that time is the predator that stalks us all out lives, but I rather believe time as the companion that goes with use on the journey to remind us to cherish every moment because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived.

Well said, sir! Much respect and kudos for your astute observation. I have many more miles behind me than ahead, but the unknown moments, unmet people and unseen scenery are still to be as treasured as the past ones. Journey with your heart-not your feet.

Someone once told me that time is the predator that stalks us all out lives, but I rather believe time as the companion that goes with use on the journey to remind us to cherish every moment because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived.

Well said.

Star Trek Generations

[video=youtube;vXNr2xtv09Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXNr2xtv09Y[/video]

(And there's a rocket in the scene where Soren tells Picard of the predator)

[video=youtube;3T_J3Vuu1GY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_J3Vuu1GY[/video]

Last edited:
Someone once told me, "When you just about had enough of your wife's crap and that cute blond down the street is starting to look good. Just remember that there is some man out there that is tired of her crap too!"

TA

We have a coupla sayings here in Kalifornia:
If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence-turn him in! (water shortage)
If the grass is greener on the other side-it might be bogus. Find a new supplier.
If teh grass is greener on the other side-check yer boots for BS......

Samuel Clemens once said that he would occasionally get sick and tired of the politics and petty crap that went on in the place where he lived and would begin to think that moving to some other town in another part of the country would be a good thing. Whenever that feeling came upon him he would write to the local newspaper in that place and pay for a subscription. After reading their newspaper for a few months the feeling would pass as he discovered that even in that apparently idyllic place, they had the same politics and petty crap that he had at home.

"A lie doesn't become a truth,
Wrong doesn't become right,
And evil doesn't become good
Just because it's accepted by a majority."

I don't know who coined this phrase...

Teddy

"If you need a machine and don't buy it, then you will ultimately find,
You have paid for it...
but don't have it. "
Henry Ford

“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”
Mark Twain

When it’s all said and done, you will lament the chances you didn’t take far more than you will your failures.

"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself;
but talent instantly recognizes genius."
― Arthur Conan Doyle

If you are depressed,
You are living in the past.
If you are anxious,
You are living in the future.
If you are at peace,
You are living in the present (now).
Lao Tzu

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
--Jeff Cooper

"The man who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before."
~Albert Einstein

There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of great and generous emotion, of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.
Theodore Roosevelt
I hijacked / borrowed that one from someones signature on this forum....lol....

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." –
Ben Franklin

Teddy

How ever you look at time Andrew.......Pawhuska is still 7 days 21 hrs 52 min and 38 seconds away!

No one, while lying on their death bad, has ever said the words, "If only I'd spent more time in the office."

No one, while lying on their death bad, has ever said the words, "If only I'd spent more time in the office."

+1...

Or---

Gee,, I sure wish I had more material possessions.....

Personal relationships are all that will matter in the end........

Teddy

I sat in an airport shuttle once, riding to the long-term parking lot, while a woman continuously berated her husband (for almost the entire ride) about how bad her vacation had been. Everyone else on the shuttle was obviously on the way home from a business trip, all of us wearing suits or dress clothes with our neckties loosened and the top buttons undone, all of us looking exhausted and EVERY SINGLE ONE of us boring holes in that woman with our eyes. You could see the same thing going through the minds of every person on the bus.

"Shut the 0)*&) up."

"A bad day on vacation is still WAY better than a good day at work."

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

Back