Fliskit Nanite Slide-Wing RG_forgotten treasure!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Man I am so bad sometimes!
Shortly after Jim (FlisKits) Released this "New" kit I purchased a couple kits (sometime around 11-2007). When they arrived I was in the middle of a bunch of stuff so I hung my new kits on one of my "to build" hooks. Well, almost 8 years later I finally got around to opening and building one of the Nanite Kits.
What a well planned and produced kit! I was pleasantly surprised that with a little pre-planning I built two models from the same kit. I did have to add 1-1/4" piece of T2+ body tube, a NCB-2.5v Balsa Nosecone, and 4- 1/4" long Micro Launch lugs, but everything else came from the kit.
One of the reasons I sort of put off building my Nanite was I'm really not that good at flying Gliders. Slide-Wings have always been the worst. I'm very happy to say this Kit solved one of the main problem areas I've had. That is the boom slide box which Jim has made a breeze to construct and get to slide freely.
After sanding the airfoil on the wings attachment went as expected using White Glue and a bit of CA to tack pieces in place.
Wow! This thing glides will with only a tiny bit of clay.

Finishing with Magic Markers and a sealing coat of Krylon #1309 workable Fixatif. These should but good to go in whatever weather happens go be encountered on the field. Can't wait to get one or both in the air sometime this month.

MM 414uc01a_Nanite RG glider_Open but untouched_12-31-07.JPG

MM 414uc02a_Nanite Micro RG parts patterns_11-07.jpg

MM 414uc02b_Nanite Micro RG Parts Pic_11-07.jpg

MM 414uc02c_Nanite Pattern with high points added_08-28-15.JPG

MM 414uc03_two RG's from one Kit(add NC & bodytube)_09-06-15.jpg

MM 414uc04_NaniteA red-yellow & -B Green-Yellow Done_09-07-15.jpg

MM 414A_Nanite Slide-Wing RG Glider (red-yellow_2.6g)_09-07-15.jpg

MM 414B_Nanite Slide-Wing RG Glider(green-yellow_2.6g)_09-07-15.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking little gliders you have there! I look forward to a flight report!

What did you color the gliders with? Almost looks like a marker or...?

What did you color the gliders with? Almost looks like a marker or...?

Your correct Plain Old wide tip Magic Markers sealed with a light coat of Krylon #1306 Workable Fixatif. Magic Markers and Fixatif add extremely little weight while adding color and moisture protections.

Edit: Before Adding the Magic Marker color and Fixatif both Gliders weighed 2.1g, After 2.6g.

Inkjet Waterslide Decals_1st fixatif Then UV Clear_02-26-11.JPG

Last edited:
Yep, the Nanite is a fun little kit and really shows the level of real building you v
Can get in the micro world. If you get a chance you should also check out the Tiddlywink :)

Yep, the Nanite is a fun little kit and really shows the level of real building you v
Can get in the micro world. If you get a chance you should also check out the Tiddlywink :)

Humm; Jim I thought we did a Tiddlywink build thread awhile back..including alteration/modifications I suggested during the beta testing?
I'll have to go back through the archive to check for an old thread...If not I'll start a new one for the Tiddlywink Helicopter Duration model.

OR...a much better Idea Jim; You could do the opening Tiddlywink "Stock" build thread and I'll add some of the competition modifications as a follow-up. While I have two Different closed and confirmed timed average flights over 2 minutes I have yet to get one back(I'm on my 3rd Cloned Model) to claim a new 1/8A-HD National Record. In the mean time I'm still the current National record holder at 64 seconds with my old Tiny Micro Wonder Whirl.

Back