MWP XIII Registration is open!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stable1

Reaction score
Registration for Midwest Power XIII is officially open.

Here's a little ditty to get you in the MWP mood.

[video=youtube;NTxodftEK14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTxodftEK14[/video]

:cheers:

Well done, my friend!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

P.S. here is the link to registration...

Midwest Power

P.S. (#2) Alan Shepard was an American Astronaut. Allan Sherman wrote the original song.

hmhf45a.jpg

Last edited:
I may have had an issue with registering, but I emailed them. I'm sure everything is good. Can't wait for MWP!!! :)

I'm in.

Rebuilt Big Nuke that cato'd last year. This year again on the L1000.
2.5x Hydra on something small, I or J something.
3.4x Hydra on a K something.
4.6x Hydra on an L2200.

I don't know, maybe something else time permitting.

CATO last year......

......L1000 this year.

Daring!!!

(Please make sure it's one of the "newer" L1000's)

So, who's flying what?

I haven't repaired the WAC Corporal from Mini Midwest Power, though I do have a M1315 in my box waiting to be flown... Not sure I can get the WAC ready in time.

That being said, I've got a 4" DYOK I just got parts in the mail for, started on my 3" Punisher last night... Need to find someone who might have a 3 or 4 grain AT 75mm case they'd let me borrow on Saturday for the 4" DYOK. The 3" Punisher will probably get punished on a K550 or K1100... Go big or go home.... Right?

I also want to fly my 3" Last Call on a 54mm L.. We'll see what the skies hold for us.

I'll be flying my Punisher, possibly in a race with Jason and Steve. Maybe my DarkoStar. Probably my Interceptor Sport on a large-ish 38. Depending on time, a bunch of smaller stuff as well. If I have time to make repairs and the money to do it, launching a 3x29mm on 6-grains or even 6xls.

You will be missed!! I was hoping to hear your smooth jazz voice over the LCO mic.

My plans are
L2 cert flight (I already passed the NAR test) on a wm darkstar 2.6. I'll need someone to sign off on my cert- I think RussW volunteered? Flight will be on a J something. I like the J-145 longburn, but might go for something more standard.
I180 skid on my wildman interceptor 54.. just because it has been asking for an I motor.
I800 vmax on wildman interceptor.. because I can
H400 vmax on my vindicator sport..
something on my 2.6 v2.. maybe a vmax
Madcow bomarc on a sparky something H.. or a vmax
priority stealth on a mellow load... or a vmax

Did I mention I like vmax motors?

My MWP Launch Schedule includes:

Wildman Drago - AT G78
4" Darkstar DD - CTI K750 Red
Ultimate Wildman - CTI M2075 Smokey Sam

I don't think I'll have my Punisher finished yet but if I do I'll find something in Tim's trailer to throw in it.

All registered and signed up for an RSO shift. Plan to fly my four-stage Steel Breeze which flew successfully at LDRS. Still will be four H motors, but higher total impulse load. Also planning some larger multi-stage rockets.

This will be my third MWP, but have yet to see the away cell. Can anyone tell me anything about it, or have pics? Trying to decide if I should bring my 3-inch, 3-stage to fly on J's and K's. Think it's a little too heavy and too tall for the regular high power pads.

...Fred

Unless it's more than 80 pounds, you should be fine. The 3 stage thing might put you back there anyway though.

Before you go through all the set up of these birds, send me a PM. I am "pre-approving" all multi stage flights this year. Just want to go over some of the details with you.

Thank you.

I don't think I'll have my Punisher finished yet but if I do I'll find something in Tim's trailer to throw in it.

Punisher= 1 weekend build....MAX!!

I expect to see it there and ready to drag race!!

Punisher= 1 weekend build....MAX!!

I expect to see it there and ready to drag race!!

Sure, when the kit includes all the parts. Tim gave me a Punisher that consisted of Nosecone (minus tip), Airframe, Coupler, and MMT. No Fins, Centering Rings, Nosecone tip. :) Tim should be bringing these to Bong this weekend so I can start on the build. I guess add Punisher to my MWP Flight Schedule.

All registered and signed up for an RSO shift. Plan to fly my four-stage Steel Breeze which flew successfully at LDRS. Still will be four H motors, but higher total impulse load. Also planning some larger multi-stage rockets.

This will be my third MWP, but have yet to see the away cell. Can anyone tell me anything about it, or have pics? Trying to decide if I should bring my 3-inch, 3-stage to fly on J's and K's. Think it's a little too heavy and too tall for the regular high power pads.

...Fred

I'm not RSO'ing these flights.... :wink: I've got a bad track record with multi stage.... :facepalm:

Adrian

So, who's flying what?

I haven't repaired the WAC Corporal from Mini Midwest Power, though I do have a M1315 in my box waiting to be flown... Not sure I can get the WAC ready in time.

That being said, I've got a 4" DYOK I just got parts in the mail for, started on my 3" Punisher last night... Need to find someone who might have a 3 or 4 grain AT 75mm case they'd let me borrow on Saturday for the 4" DYOK. The 3" Punisher will probably get punished on a K550 or K1100... Go big or go home.... Right?

I also want to fly my 3" Last Call on a 54mm L.. We'll see what the skies hold for us.

Mike,
I've got a 75/5120 if you need, I'm not sure yet if I'll be using it. (I might put my AAD 98 in the drag race, so I'd use it then, but not decided yet.) I don't have the legs for the dress. Now, my tush... :eyeroll:

Adrian

Eesh.....

It's tempting to take the 75/5120, but I will need to look at final weight. I definitely don't want to break the waiver... Let alone go that high...

Mike

Mike,
I've got a 75/5120 if you need, I'm not sure yet if I'll be using it. (I might put my AAD 98 in the drag race, so I'd use it then, but not decided yet.) I don't have the legs for the dress. Now, my tush... :eyeroll:

Adrian

So, who's flying what?

10" Jayhawk on N5600 White Thunder (Manny, buddy, is the trailer pad gonna be there?)
5.5" glass scratch built "Isaac Newton" with Kate telemetry, M-tbd
the return of "Blinky" AND the introduction of "Super Blinky" at the night launch on G skids

Sather

Sather,

Great to hear the BigHawk is flying again!!

We will have "Ol'Yeller" at the away pad. I believe Manny's trailer pad is no longer with us.

Night launch is going to be great. Strictly enforced G only flights!! See you there!!!!!!!!!!

... this weekend so I can start on the build. I guess add Punisher to my MWP Flight Schedule.

Wow, you build fast. I'm starting a build this month for MWP in 2017! (really!)

Sather

Back