Semroc Egg Crate

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait-- two SIDE BY SIDE motors? (Never seen that before! Only saw a cluster of 3 before...)

Wait-- two SIDE BY SIDE motors? (Never seen that before! Only saw a cluster of 3 before...)

You never saw the Gemini missions? The Titan used to launch that had two side by side motors. :wink:

Gemini-Titan.jpg

The cool thing about this kit is that you can switch between dual 18mm and a single 24 mm.

Kirk Really?
As K'tesh mentioned back in the 70's Estes had a BT-70 size Gemini-Titan the flew on a Twin B or C 18mm motors, I'm about to clone a copy of that historic model for the Up-Coming Gemini 50th year anniversary. I've been flying all kinds of 2-motor clusters for years.

The Egg Crate would be a little harder to fly as a "True" competition Egg-Lofter but can be done as long as the total impulse of the combined motors fit the contest motor size ie B-Egg Loft would need 2 A motors, C Egg-loft would require twin B motors. and so on. It's a Nice looking Egg Lofter.

Here's a few 2-motor clusters just so you know it is not a strange thing:) a pair of 1/8A.5-1(MMX-II's) to a pair of D12's or just about every motor combo in between have made very nice 2 motor in-line clusters...Canted or straight.... Actually 3, 4 and sometimes 6 motor in-line clusters have been done successfully.

192a-sm_Crayon 2D_Clu-Odd-Roc_08-17-96.jpg

309p2-sm_MM Whirlygig-b twin motor_07-15-06.jpg

310a2a-sm_MM SpinRing Thing 2-motor_07-30-05.jpg

328a-sm_MM Diminutive Deuce (Fliskit)_03-22-07.jpg

384_MM F-15A Eagle 144th PMC Top&Bottom 2pic PMC_02-17-12.jpg

388_MM F-14A Tomcat 144th PMC- 2-Pic_04-24-12.jpg

394_MM Christmas Holly Wreath Glittered (Lit)_12-01-13.jpg

Last edited:

I just finished two Quest Magnum Payloaders and launched one this past Saturday on two B6-4s.
This kit is a great value and built with strong components. I'd recommend it for a first clustered model.
(I did replace the thin yellow engine mount tubes with BT-20s though)

Q Magnum 65 (1).jpg

The build is in progress on my blog at:
modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com

I just finished two Quest Magnum Payloaders and launched one this past Saturday on two B6-4s.
This kit is a great value and built with strong components. I'd recommend it for a first clustered model.
(I did replace the thin yellow engine mount tubes with BT-20s though)

View attachment 272201

The build is in progress on my blog at:
modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com
Nice work. ha ha. I agree on the Magnum being a good first cluster.
I made mine into a 24mm.

Back