Midwest Power XIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QCRS has another launch there on Dec 5. I'll be there, weather permitting. Hopefully the snow has melted down by then.

"We" the unloved...

WOOOO-O! :eek::eek:

Who work Monday thru Saturday...

Would like to dare enter your domain and, fly with thy Lords of Speed, Fire and, Acceleration...

Someday-O...

Outside of Midwest Power-O...

WAY-OH! :headbang::headbang:

A humble request from such a naive servant...

Could thy Board consider a granting next year-O...?

Really miss what friends i have-O!

WOO HOO! :p:p

I'll even arrive late and, sleep on King Lehr's couch and, NOT complain if a Rottweiller slobbers all over me...

OH NOOOO! :eek::eek:

Reserve me a Sunday...

I'll GO GOOOOO......:eek::eek:

It looks to me a little early, maybe a second or 2. On a very short burn high thrust motor accelerometer errors can magnify (because of the relative short time to sample the boost acceleration). Baro-only or Kalman apogee may be a better option for the Marsa with those "mortar" shot launches.

I agree with your observations John. Same rocket, same motor combination and, slightly different results (as seen on my humble You-Tube page).
If i remember right i had set the Marsa on *Sniff* only last year.

Also, thanks for putting me on your web page with my humble Gizmo XL flying on that N-Sparkie from a few years back. ;)

Wow,,
You come up with some great launch videos Justin..
It's really beautiful seeing the rocket nose over and the entire landscape is white.....
May not have seemed that way from the ground I guess,, just a bit cold,, lol..

Teddy

The lost and found rockets have been picked up from the deer meat locker and are now in my possession. If you PM me we can discuss a way to get it to you.

There is also a found rocket from LAST YEARS Midwest Power. I will post picks and details later.

There is also a found rocket from LAST YEARS Midwest Power. I will post picks and details later.[/QUOTE]

Jason,
If it's a Drago I know who owns that one.
Mike

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1448462882.695607.jpg

Here is the rocket from last year. It was found on the power lines and it was removed at a cost. If this is yours and you would like it back, PM me and I will get it back to you.

Nice rocket,

Is that a homemade design or from a kit? Follows Murphy's law, if you're going to lose it, it's likely going to be the one with the nice paint job.

I've launched a lot of "beaters" thinking "I don't care if it goes away" and those feisty ugly ships seem to make it back.

Do one with a nice paint job and getting it back the first flight is a milestone. Hope the real owner sees it here. Kurt Savegnago

It's a SS Jr. Dark pink with a hot pink barber pole stripe. DD, drogue less with Spherachute main.
It flew on Friday afternoon. Simmed to 3800' and was lost in the clouds even though the ceiling was well over 4000. I had tracker pings for the first 5 or 6 seconds then lost it. Wind was from the south so theoretically it should be on the north end of the field or across the road to the north. The searches I made on Friday and Sunday yielded nothing.
Thanks for keeping an eye out. I think I'm on call for the 5th so may not make it out to QCRS.
Tom

Launch was yesterday at the field. Wind was blowing everything north- I was looking for your shapeshifter, but didn't see it. Hopefully it didn't come in ballistic and get buried into the ground.

Back