Midwest Power XIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shirts will be on the website tonight and to anyone who registered, you can go back and add shirts to your order. There won't be many at the launch to purchase. If you want one, get it now!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, there are more spots to fill on the volunteer list. Due to my landshark bite, I can't do as much physical work.
Please go to the MidWestPower signup page and help out.

Adrian

Adrian, would you like to be a full time button pusher? LCO assist it yours if you would like those spots.

Alright, so whose going? And what ya'll flyin'? MWPXIII will rock! I can already see it now! Not sure if I'll make it to the launch, but I'll definitly be happy to see vids & Pics! You guys should do a CTI O-25000 drag race!
-Rockets

You all have it wrong. This year the night launch will be restricted to nothing smaller than "O" motors.

Second rule: all rockets are to be aimed at a puppy that will be placed on the flight line.

3rd rule: no trackers are allowed. We will have a bucket of gasoline at the RSO table and you will have to soak your rocket before flight. The recovery will be made possible by just following the flaming ball.

Now seriously.....this year is going to be another great launch. We have all our "ducks in a row" and everything looks to be in order.
We will have a night launch, it will be Class 1. And we will have fun. I hope you all can make it and I am looking forward to pressing that first button Friday morning at 9am sharp.

You all have it wrong. This year the night launch will be restricted to nothing smaller than "O" motors.

Second rule: all rockets are to be aimed at a puppy that will be placed on the flight line.

3rd rule: no trackers are allowed. We will have a bucket of gasoline at the RSO table and you will have to soak your rocket before flight. The recovery will be made possible by just following the flaming ball.

Now seriously.....this year is going to be another great launch. We have all our "ducks in a row" and everything looks to be in order.
We will have a night launch, it will be Class 1. And we will have fun. I hope you all can make it and I am looking forward to pressing that first button Friday morning at 9am sharp.

Excited for it!

Adrian, would you like to be a full time button pusher? LCO assist it yours if you would like those spots.

Grif,

I've already signed up for quite a few, so thanks. The leg is just healing too slowly for the Doctor to be happy. I just unsigned from setup and teardown. I'll try to help if my leg allows by then. Found out from the DR that I have to stay home this week too. So, we'll see how things work out.

Adrian

Grif,

I've already signed up for quite a few, so thanks. The leg is just healing too slowly for the Doctor to be happy. I just unsigned from setup and teardown. I'll try to help if my leg allows by then. Found out from the DR that I have to stay home this week too. So, we'll see how things work out.

Adrian

Sorry to hear about the setback Adrian. Offer still good, I'll retrieve anything you want to fly. Hopefully, things will start to progress a bit faster for you. I'm sure your getting tired of watching daytime TV. 😉

Officially signed up for MWP and signed up on the volunteer roster. Now what to fly. Decisions, decisions.

Sorry to hear about the setback Adrian. Offer still good, I'll retrieve anything you want to fly. Hopefully, things will start to progress a bit faster for you. I'm sure your getting tired of watching daytime TV. ��

OMG! Daytime TV is sooooo horrible! Even with cable and several hundred channels! Thankfully I have some TV shows on DVD that I haven't had time to watch yet, so working on them now. Just started season three of 2 Broke Girls. Funny show. BBC America is running Dr Who a lot right now so that helps too.
And I do have my V2 and AAD98 built for the MWP dragraces. I was hoping to have them painted, but it's hard to paint when you have to keep your leg higher than your heart. :eyepop:
I know that's an image of me no one wants to imagine... Anyhow, I think those will be the only two I'll get prepped. There will be more days to fly next winter or come mini MWP next spring.

Adrian

Sorry to hear about the setback Adrian. Offer still good, I'll retrieve anything you want to fly. Hopefully, things will start to progress a bit faster for you. I'm sure your getting tired of watching daytime TV. ��

Man is that nice of you Russell....
I know what it's like to be able and wanting terribly to fly but the recovery being an issue...
A man named Steve M I met through my local club still to this day won't let me retrieve alone and thankfully I have no problem recovering now...
I only hope you understand what that means to someone who can use the hand......
I know what it meant to me,, And if I know Adrian it means the same to him...

Thank you Russell...

Teddy

Man is that nice of you Russell....
I know what it's like to be able and wanting terribly to fly but the recovery being an issue...
A man named Steve M I met through my local club still to this day won't let me retrieve alone and thankfully I have no problem recovering now...
I only hope you understand what that means to someone who can use the hand......
I know what it meant to me,, And if I know Adrian it means the same to him...

Thank you Russell...

Teddy

Cripes Teddy... Now I gotta go find me a tissue :cry: :sigh: :sigh:
But VERY well said... :blush: :blush:

Adrian

I still gotta give a shout out to David Fox for helping me fly and recover Starleopard 2 years ago! It was greatly appreciated and the boy was well rewarded! Thanks again Foxey!

No tissue needed at all man...
Every day at a launch goes by so quick it's unreal...
For someone to take the time to help is just fantastic of them....

I'd like to say thank you to Steve M...
But if I tell him thank you again I'm afraid he's going to hit me,,, lol...

Teddy

I'm not Steve M, but I'm also willing to help out people retrieve rockets and carry stuff. I need the exercise :)

I'm not Steve M, but I'm also willing to help out people retrieve rockets and carry stuff. I need the exercise :)

I can vouch for Glen's rocket retrieving skills. He's helped me grab rockets out of trees while standing in frigid Bong water. He's helped me hack my way to a Punisher lost deep in the Bong jungle. He's found his own rockets a mile away with no tracker.
Glen is a retrieval expert... :)

And you sir, have some mad recovery skills... Imagine how much easier that will be with my trackers...

Adrian

Is anyone going to MWP that might have a Aerotech/Dr Rocket/Rouse Tech 75/3840 casing that I could borrow for Saturday?

I'd like to fly my 4" bird on a L motor for a test flight before I up the ante on an M motor.

Mike, I have one, u need closures too?

Is anyone going to MWP that might have a Aerotech/Dr Rocket/Rouse Tech 75/3840 casing that I could borrow for Saturday?

I'd like to fly my 4" bird on a L motor for a test flight before I up the ante on an M motor.

Yeah Mike,,
I have one too you're more then welcome to if you need...

Teddy

Teddy

I have one for sale...... I even have a red load for it!!

Back