Midwest Power XIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
It’s that time of year when we start preparing for Midwest Power, one of the premier rocket events in the country. As always, it takes many volunteers to pull off an event like this; that hasn’t changed. However, one thing that has changed is that Wildman Tim Lehr stepped down from his role as QCRS president earlier this year. This leaves some pretty big shoes to fill as Tim has been involved with planning and running every MWP up to this point. As such, we need more help than ever in order to pull off MWP. Even one shift of range duty would be extremely helpful. For the locals, there will likely be some opportunities to help leading up to the launch as well. More information on that will be forthcoming as planning progresses. In the meantime, please consider signing up for range duty here: https://www2.mysignup.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?datafile=mwp

Let's see, I'll be three weeks into rehab for my knee replacement. Hmmm... I could push buttons for 3 days (if that would help) :p

BTW Jason, are you the new Prez?

Last edited:
Tim (Big Bucks),

If you could pick up a LCO shift it two, that would be great.

...and No, I am not officially the prez.

And in a side note, I want to keep this thread about people stepping up to help out and less about "club gossip"
The club needs to strengthen the "core group" of guys who can be counted on for helping out on a regular basis.

The other thing I would like to mention is that we are continuing with our vendor agreement with Wildman and we will have him there in full force running his store and taking care of all our rocketry related needs.

I would also like to keep the discussion of vendors off this thread. This is a request for help thread and I want to keep it focused on that.

Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
RSO has a requirement of L2 or higher. All complex flights and/or 2 stage flights will be RSO'd by myself. LCO, requires 2 people and a quick training of the control box.

Tim (Big Bucks),

If you could pick up a LCO shift it two, that would be great.

OK. Only thing that could mess me up is an upcoming surgery for my wife, but we should know that schedule by next Monday.

Tim,

If you can help out, that would be great. Family is more important and take care of that first!! Hope to see you there.

Looking forward to my 12th MWP!!! Started lining up motors this past week, planning a few flights, and mentally preparing for the annual state of rocket euphoria!

Thanks for posting this, Jason. Now, I can post the beginnings of an MWP sale to kick off the always unofficial but ever-present midwest swap meet!

-Eric-

You can count on me for RSO all day everyday. I can take a few breaks to fly, but maybe not. Me and Adrian make a great team....Adrian???

I'm not an L2 yet ( hoping to cert at mwp) but hopefully I can volunteer as a pad manager or LCO. Will sign up as the date gets closer and my schedule is more clear.

I'll sign on for a pad shift, would love to LCO, and can RSO whenever. I'll definitely take some time to fly. Planning on a couple flights, flying the biggest motors I've ever loaded. :) but any time I'm around, I'll hop on to help wherever I'm needed.

I'm in for helping out at the best launch of the year. Since I'm flying my rockets at Blackrock & Jenny's not planning on flying her "M" & "N" until Saturday at MWP I can help RSO on Friday.

Mike Gross

We changed the lengths of the volunteer shifts from 3 hours to 2 hours. This will make it a bit easier on everybody. We will also have a volunteer raffle for everyone who signs up and works a shift. Wildman is donating some great stuff this year. And for the first time in a long time, we will be doing the raffle during the launch and sending you home with the prizes!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Everybody please fill in the spots on the sign-up sheet.

Everybody please fill in the spots on the sign-up sheet.

I'll be there. Look forward to seeing you guys.

P.S. Good idea to make 2 hour windows... will decrease impact of volunteering and consequently increase availability of volunteers.

Also... I also signed up for range setup on Thursday, but am coming from work so I won't be there at the very beginning. Leave something for me.

Sather

Last edited:
Shirts are going to the back burner this year. If anyone wants to take over on the shirts, send me a PM and I will give you the skinny on how it works. There is still time, I just don't have time to do it.

Shirts are in the works, fellas... I'm on it.

I've seen previews of these and they really look great! The detail on the kittens and the purple tutus is unreal!

In all seriousness, what Erik is planning looks awesome!

Show up Thursday and clean like fools. There is plenty of time to get it done on Thursday

At the launch site, correct?
The port a pottys should be arriving Thursday afternoon there. He'll text me when he's near and we can get them placed.

Adrian

Thank you all so much for doing all of this work to make the launch happen...
I always like to help out as well..
Many hands make light work,, lol...

Teddy

Teddy,

I would love to see you and your beautiful bride join us this year. You would have a great time!!!

I can hear you now....

"UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE!!"
&
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW"

Love ya Teddy!!!

Hope to see you there!!!!!!!

hahahahhahahahahahha.....

UNREAKINBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAD A GORGEOUS FIELD MAN..........

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDIN ME MAN !!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..

Ima gonna jive it out Jason.....

Thank you man,,

Teddy

Back