New Eggfinder TX Rev B6 - 9/10/15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wighty44

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Given the new Eggfinder TX revisions listed here I'm wondering if this enhancement, "we've eliminated the on-off push button, it turns on as soon as you connect the battery." accomplishes the same function as this Auto-Start modification (provided by Chris), or is it some how different?

Are these hardware or software upgrades? Would one have to have a new EF TX in order to take advantage of these?

New Eggfinder TX B6 Version
(9/10/2015)

We've made some highly-requested changes to the Eggfinder TX transmitter. First, we've made the frequency programmable to match all 72 possible combinations that the Eggfinder LCD receiver can use. You simply connect a 3-pin jumper cable (included) between your TX and your LCD receiver, program the frequency on the LCD, and they're both updated. Second, we've eliminated the on-off push button, it turns on as soon as you connect the battery. This makes it simpler to use, and prevents a minor power glitch from shutting down your TX. We've added battery polarity immunity... no more hooking up the battery backwards and frying your GPS. Finally, we've made all of the passive components SMT-mount, reduced the parts count, enlarged the GPS pads, and generally made the TX kit easier to build.

Thats what it says

Just as I was about to put an order in... Fabulous! Thank you Eggtimer!

I built my B6 version today in roughly three hours (took quite a few breaks). In my opinion, it was easier to assemble, than the Quark kit that I did a couple of days ago. I tested it with a 9V battery, and, everything worked according to the instructions, and, acquired GPS signal in under 30 seconds. Now, I just need to build the receiver to fully verify it's working.

New Eggfinder TX B6 Version
(9/10/2015)

We've made some highly-requested changes to the Eggfinder TX transmitter. First, we've made the frequency programmable to match all 72 possible combinations that the Eggfinder LCD receiver can use. You simply connect a 3-pin jumper cable (included) between your TX and your LCD receiver, program the frequency on the LCD, and they're both updated. Second, we've eliminated the on-off push button, it turns on as soon as you connect the battery. This makes it simpler to use, and prevents a minor power glitch from shutting down your TX. We've added battery polarity immunity... no more hooking up the battery backwards and frying your GPS. Finally, we've made all of the passive components SMT-mount, reduced the parts count, enlarged the GPS pads, and generally made the TX kit easier to build.

Thats what it says

Kyle, Who is "we"? I thought Cris Erving was Eggtimer. Are you a partner now or what?

Back