eBay Deal of the day!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update that the original Blackhawk in post #1 didn't sell, but was relisted with a lower starting bid and ended at $112+shipping. The odd thing I noticed is that it looks like the same ebayer won the last 3 Blackhawks at auction. Someone appears to be serious about creating an authentic fleet of these. :confused:

I knew a guy that would get his friends to bid on his items just to jack the bids up. If his friend won it, he would just hold on to the item for a while then relist it.

How can you tell who is bidding and who won? I thought eBay hid that information.

You can click on the bid history (for the relisted one and other ended Estes Blackhawks) and Ebay blocks out the middle information, but from what is left, it's clear it's the same bidder with the same feedback count: "e***t (590)"...I'd say 99.999% it's the same person. :)

WOO HOO! I just found the Centuri Buck Rogers Starfighter for less than half of what that first Blackhawk sold for. :grin:

I found it while trolling JonRocket: https://www.jonrocket.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_38_129&products_id=1152

Not in great condition, but original and I just had to have it. One of the coolest things I ever saw as a kid. :)

Chuck - You were more than right in my case! You can now feel free to bid on Blackhawks without worrying about me. ;)

Back