LOC Expediter Open Rocket file

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noffie79

Reaction score
Anyone know of this file? I'm looking for stock build, motor deploy, no electronics. Hoping someone has a file. I've looked and can't find one. Thanks guys!

They work the same. From open rocket to to file open, some things don't always translate, but they open up

Oh ok. I've had some before that wouldn't work right. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Oh ok. I've had some before that wouldn't work right. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

sometimes a Rocksim file will have transition mounted fins (something OR doesn't yet do) which causes the fins to disappear, OR also does not support spill holes yet. I'm sure there are other things I'm missing but those are some of the most common ones for me.

sometimes a Rocksim file will have transition mounted fins (something OR doesn't yet do) which causes the fins to disappear, OR also does not support spill holes yet. I'm sure there are other things I'm missing but those are some of the most common ones for me.

Ok good to know! Thanks. I just got home from work and haven't tried that file yet. I'll try here in a little bit.

You can also create the file yourself. Many LOC parts are in the database such as the nose cones, airframes, and transitions.

For the fins, a square and a ruler can be used to measure the drawing coordinates. "0,0" is the root of the leading edge. The first number is the x coordinate, measured along the root, and the second number is the y coordinate, measured away from the root. The next set of x/y coordinates moves out and away from the leading edge, and the remaining coordinates outline the remainder of the fin back to the root.

For example a fin with 4 x/y coordinates that is 6" long, extends 3" away from the airframe having the leading edge raked at 45 degrees, a chord edge that is parallel to the root, and a trailing edge that is perpendicular to the root edge would have 4 coordinates. 0,0 ... 3,3 ... 6,3 ... 6,0.

Below are a couple examples. If you have a small scale, you can weigh the components as well. Just remember that OR does not account for weight of paint or glue very well.

Fin Plotting.jpg

Last edited:
Back