URRG September Family Picnic Launch 9-26-15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdutch

Reaction score
September Launch Announcement: 9/26/15

URRG Family Picnic Launch:

For the Saturday of our September Launch we will be having a club sponsored family picnic. The BOD is providing the meat and every family attending will be asked to bring a "dish-to-pass". Mike Dutch will be keeping a tally of who's coming and what dish everyone is bringing. (We need to know who is coming so we know how much meat to buy).

This will be a FREE launch meaning NO RANGE FEES for all who show up.

Please contact Mike Dutch via email at [email protected] to let us know how many are coming and to indicate what "dish-to-pass" your family is bringing.

Also Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies https://www.performancehobbies.com/ will be on the field for both days of the launch to fill everyone's rocketry needs.
Ken said to call, text, or email him for what you want to be sure he pack and brings it with him and then he can save for you on shipping and hazmat fees. You can get his email and/or phone # from the home page.

The URRG BOD is looking forward to seeing and having all of you there.

Also though the Picnic is only on that Saturday, we will still have our usual two day launch.

Last edited:
Hi Team. Septembers launch & picnic should be fun and the fields should be clear of crops so let’s poke holes in the sky. We have forms on the field for anyone that wants to join or renew their membership. Remember that any new members that join and pay after September 1 gets the rest of this year included in their 2016 membership. If you’re renewing on the field and all your info is the same as the past just put your membership number from your ID on the form and give a check or cash to any of the bod members and we will get it taken care of.

Hi Team. Septembers launch & picnic should be fun and the fields should be clear of crops so let’s poke holes in the sky. We have forms on the field for anyone that wants to join or renew their membership. Remember that any new members that join and pay after September 1 gets the rest of this year included in their 2016 membership. If you’re renewing on the field and all your info is the same as the past just put your membership number from your ID on the form and give a check or cash to any of the bod members and we will get it taken care of.

Will there be a tower with unistrut available? I was thinking of flying an M to 9000ft.:cool:

John

Will there be a tower with unistrut available? I was thinking of flying an M to 9000ft.:cool:

John

I believe we've been keeping this one at the field. - (comp 6 on an O3400 here)

20992567685_654f18026a_b.jpg

I'm in! No dish to pass, but I will bring my own food so I don't consume everyone else's!

Hoping to burn some leftover LDRS propellant, including a 76-4G White in my MAC Villain and 54-5G Moon burn in my MAC Arcas.

Trying to get the day off now so Dan can blow up....err... send up my screech :)

I'm going to finish up my MAC Villain and send it up on a J820..... Hopefully the humidity will drop and I can get some real paint on it...

I expect to be there as well. I'm not sure if anyone will be with me or about a dish to pass, but I should at least be there with a few newly built rockets.

And no time off for Dave. :( Sad Face. I'll see y'all on Sunday however.

URRG Family Picnic Launch ******UPDATE******:

For the Saturday of our September Launch we will be having a club sponsored family picnic. The BOD is providing the meat and every family attending will be asked to bring a "dish-to-pass". Mike Dutch will be keeping a tally of who's coming and what dish everyone is bringing. (We need to know who is coming so we know how much meat to buy).

This will be a FREE launch meaning NO RANGE FEES for all who show up.

Please contact Mike Dutch via email at [email protected] to let us know how many are coming and to indicate what "dish-to-pass" your family is bringing.

We are now a little over a week out and here is what I have so far:

URRG Family Picnic 9/26/2015

Club Provisions: Zwegles White and Red Pop open Hot Dogs, Package of 1/4 lb Sirloin Hamburgers, & two Bags of Marinated Chicken Breast, & 1 or 2 10' X 20' Canopies
Dan & Sue Sheerer: Tater Salad, Paper Plates, Plastic Utensils
Greg & Donna Jo Elling: Ketchup, Mustard, Relish, & Plastic Cups
Mike Dutch & Linda: Italian Cucumber Salad, Weber Grill, Cooking Utensils, & Extra Tables
Don & Sherri Tennies: Brownies, Hot Dog Rolls & Hamburger Buns
David Brown, (Wife & Son): Taco Salad
Paul DiLorenzo, (Wife): Taco Dip & Nachos
David Carter: Assorted Diet and Regular Sodas
Evan Brown: Container of Wegman's Cole Slaw, Extra Grill & Cooking Utensils
Rick Barnes: Black Bean Salad, Vegetarian Sausages
Mike & Patty Crupe: Home made Monster Cookies
Janet Gagnon & grand kids Gabe & Bella: Fruit Salad, Mini Muffins
Tom Van Drume, Wife, 3 kids: 1-2 bags of chips, 1-2 dozen cookies
Tim Wiant: Dessert
Les Bradshaw: Peach Cake
Dan Patell, Wife & Infant Son: Dan's World Famous Mac Salad
Rich Maus: Baked Bean with Bacon

Here is a Needs list for those wondering what to bring;
More tables and some chairs, more salads more desserts.

I will update the list as the offerings come in.

Now, I just heard that Ken Allen won't be able to make the picnic launch, but he is sending an assortment of CTI, Loki, and Aerotech motors to sell at the launch. I don't know exactly what I'm getting but if you have something that you must have you can still contact Ken BY next Tuesday and he can include your order in the package.

FYI: All the corn around the Oasis has been harvested and the carrots are soon to be as well. So it looks like we won't have any crops to worry about for the launch, which means clear and completely open, bare fields to fly on. Hope to see many of you there.

Last edited:
For some reason there is not one single hotel with rooms available that Saturday...I thought Balls was out in Nevada.

Where are you looking? Because I found a bunch of places in the area around Canandaigua, Farmington & Victor (which is where I am).

Where are you looking? Because I found a bunch of places in the area around Canandaigua, Farmington & Victor (which is where I am).

Same issue here...will wind up staying in Farmington as everything else appears to be booked up.

Not trying to step on any vendor's toes, but I will be bringing some of my 3.72" FWFG tubes AND 3D printed adapters for sale on the field. Save on shipping and get some high quality scratch building parts for really cheap! $49 for a perfectly sized rocket for your L1 or L2!!! PM me if you're interested so I can make sure I bring enough!

f3t7ycy.png

Was the Miami Motel one of the ones that were booked?

This is going to be an EPIC weekend up in Potter, if you haven't already made plans, its not too late...

Okay enough already...it's bad enough that I can't get down there for what is promising to be an awesome launch, then you have to throw in the buffet!

I really am sorry you can't make it Michael. ...
Not only because Sandy's sausage and peppers are the best in the world ( I'm partial ),,,
but after I read that the club was short on desserts when I went out to pick up the chibatta rolls I got my favorite chocolate cake too....lol...

Dave I'm really sorry you have to work man..... Dats not funny...

Teddy

I really am sorry you can't make it Michael. ...
Not only because Sandy's sausage and peppers are the best in the world ( I'm partial ),,,
but after I read that the club was short on desserts when I went out to pick up the chibatta rolls I got my favorite chocolate cake too....lol...

Dave I'm really sorry you have to work man..... Dats not funny...

Teddy

Teddy that is just plain mean...you're killing me!

Latest posts

Back