Tripoli Vegas Oktoberfest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know if the call-ins to 14.8K will be available?

Living for this! The Vegas guys are AWESOME! The range is great once you can figure out how to get to it! How about some signs this year??

I have not heard a peep about this from the club. I think the memory of having the dry lake bed yanked out from underneath us last year sapped some enthusiasm. Hopefully some details coming out soon. As you all know, the weather and area are unbeatable at that time of year. If you want to have fun and fly high, this will be the event to attend.

I have not heard a peep about this from the club. I think the memory of having the dry lake bed yanked out from underneath us last year sapped some enthusiasm. Hopefully some details coming out soon. As you all know, the weather and area are unbeatable at that time of year. If you want to have fun and fly high, this will be the event to attend.

'This is not the Lantern Festival you are looking for ....' (Jedi Voice )

Kenny

As you all know, the weather and area are unbeatable at that time of year. If you want to have fun and fly high, this will be the event to attend.

Agreed. Love the site and the weather.

Yeah, Jean Dry Lake in October == great. Non-rutted surface, usually nice weather, great crowd. Bring rockets or be jealous.

'This is not the Lantern Festival you are looking for ....' (Jedi Voice )

Kenny
LOL! I brought a Chinese Lantern with me to SpringFest just for laughs, but had to leave before I could deploy it at sunset. I'll bring two this time! If everybody brought one.....What?...too soon?

LOL! I brought a Chinese Lantern with me to SpringFest just for laughs, but had to leave before I could deploy it at sunset. I'll bring two this time! If everybody brought one.....What?...too soon?

Im ordering a case of them...

Here is a start!

Waiver wise, since the construction is over at McCarren Intl, we've been getting from ground to 14k without call-ins, all day long, the last few launches. At the very minimum, we will get 7k AGL with call-ins to 14k AGL.

OktoberFest2015.jpg

Last edited:
Been talking it up with a lot of the Colorado flyers, sure hope the launch is on, especially since we're under a restriction of flying from the North Site - the Forest Service has said the prairie is being to dry and tinder to allow our permit to work. Looking like NO Oktoberfest for NCR, so maybe more of us will make the trip. VEGAS baby. Moto-Joe Inc. is planning on being there, bringing what we have in the way of CTI re-loads. If there's something special wanted, the sooner you let me know,the better chance of having it with upon arrival. Leaving all of the Aerotech behind so Bill can handle those needs. Gott'a share the love. Mainly coming to fly a few projects that need airtime. Haven't got partner Ed convinced yet, but our Saturn V needs to fly again. And I'm sure Jon Skuba has cooked up a few new lift off plans.

Been talking it up with a lot of the Colorado flyers, sure hope the launch is on, especially since we're under a restriction of flying from the North Site - the Forest Service has said the prairie is being to dry and tinder to allow our permit to work. Looking like NO Oktoberfest for NCR, so maybe more of us will make the trip. VEGAS baby. Moto-Joe Inc. is planning on being there, bringing what we have in the way of CTI re-loads. If there's something special wanted, the sooner you let me know,the better chance of having it with upon arrival. Leaving all of the Aerotech behind so Bill can handle those needs. Gott'a share the love. Mainly coming to fly a few projects that need airtime. Haven't got partner Ed convinced yet, but our Saturn V needs to fly again. And I'm sure Jon Skuba has cooked up a few new lift off plans.

WEll this is AWESOME news!

even if I dont fly just going to see you guys is worth the trip!

As long as Marian is doing good we will both be there..

Im ordering a case of them...
page 23 from "How to Win Friends and Influence People" ....'try not to participate in activities that may alienate your fellow rocketeers. If you insist on doing that, then participate with gusto and elan. Show them you are having so much fun they should join in'. (I may have paraphrased a little there...)

Planning on going ..should be a good time as always .

Also looking forward to NIGHT LAUNCH !

Kenny

Im trying to get my Mac Performance 4" Radial Flyer ready for the launch it's 4" daim with a 75mm mount.. (insert evil laugh)

other than that not sure what Im brining probably way to many rockets to fly like always!

I am working a little every day on my Performance Rocketry Mad Dog 6, which with a little luck will fly on an M1939W (which is *really* a 2% N, baby!) at Oktoberfest. Build thread here.

AWESOME Mark..

seems like I will be flying my WildThing Extreme on an M2400 blue home brew...

Can I use your tracker??

Absolutely. I've got a BRB Tx and Yaesu radio/yagi combo for DF finding and a new BRB GPS with Yaesu ARPS radio.

Absolutely. I've got a BRB Tx and Yaesu radio/yagi combo for DF finding and a new BRB GPS with Yaesu ARPS radio.

wait what language is that?? LOL

as long as I dont have to bolt it to my sled and can tie it to my recovery system im good with that LOL

Awfully quiet on this thread. Is this launch officially happening? There's a few of us folks in Colorado looking forward to the visit, especially since it looks like we won't be flying here anytime soon. Pawnee Grassland is WAY TOO dry for the Forest Service to consider allowing anything to fly.

Did I mention the sparky O motor I'm bringing? Hoping for a dusk launch to 10K. That is, assuming I get the rocket back after the P motor attempt at Balls.

There's definitely a launch and waiver available. This is not being pushed by the club like previous years (i.e. no raffle, no marketing to drum up attendance). Might be the best kept secret launch this entire year. No wait for launch pads and plenty of room in every direction.

I am building every day in preparation!

Awfully quiet on this thread. Is this launch officially happening? There's a few of us folks in Colorado looking forward to the visit, especially since it looks like we won't be flying here anytime soon. Pawnee Grassland is WAY TOO dry for the Forest Service to consider allowing anything to fly.

Even with all the rain and it's still a month away?

TA

Back