first pro75 motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
I got a nice big expensive box from Wildman with my name on it, including two 75mm4G reloads. Awesome!

However I am not seeing any instructions. I opened the grain boxes and they look good, but no paper. I suppose they could be hiding in the liners but I am a little afraid to untape and open those without any idea what I am doing.

Look inside liner package, they are rolled up inside.

I got a nice big expensive box from Wildman with my name on it, including two 75mm4G reloads. Awesome!

However I am not seeing any instructions. I opened the grain boxes and they look good, but no paper. I suppose they could be hiding in the liners but I am a little afraid to untape and open those without any idea what I am doing.

The tape on the forward seal and nozzle, that is only for shipping or do I need to be extra careful?

That's only for shipping. Instructions, o-rings, and igniter tube should be inside tube.

Great, thanks! I completely forgot to ask my original question though. Do people use the Pro75 wrench or is it more like the useless 29/40-120 wrench?

Great, thanks! I completely forgot to ask my original question though. Do people use the Pro75 wrench or is it more like the useless 29/40-120 wrench?

If you want to assemble a Pro75 reload per the instructions, you need the wrench or an equivalent tool. You can't really grab the forward retaining ring with your hands, as soon as it screwed into the casing. Optionally, but only if you have the Pro75 Gen2 hardware and the aft retaining ring with the thrust ring, you might be able to tighten it by hand (AT style) if you deviate a bit from the instructions and screw in the forward ring first. However, even the aft retaining ring with the thrust ring has the machined notches for the wrench. I guess CTI did this for a reason, but I don't know if they consider it a necessity or a convenience.

Reinhard

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread. Having never gone above 54mm, I had no idea that you had to assemble CTI motors like Aerotech motors in this range. Good to know. BTW, you can download the instructions from pro38.com.

Hah sorry jimzcatz, no offense intended. I would probably like having the 29/40-120 wrench but none of my vendors even carry it, saying it never sells! Thanks jeff2space, my Pro75 wrench is now on the way. Bat-mite, no problem! I knew the general instructions were on pro38.com, but they do refer to the motor specific instructions as well so that is what I was looking for.

This L1115 should be amazing in my custom Wildman. Pictures up after XPRS!

Back