What's with everyone....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Selling all of their motor hardware? Seems like a large number of motor cases are being sold lately... Is there something that I don't remember that makes motor cases suddenly worthless? :p

Selling all of their motor hardware? Seems like a large number of motor cases are being sold lately... Is there something that I don't remember that makes motor cases suddenly worthless? :p

Maybe every one is going to Loki? Or can't afford to fly?

Very rare that i see someone sell CTI hardware used ..

Kenny

With no Aerotech vender in my area I am slowly going to CTI Sucks with all the Aerotech hardware have.

Cris Erving confessed he is working on a teleportation circuit that eliminates the need for conventional motors. You just program the altitude you want and it disappears off the pad and re-appears under chute a few seconds later. Thought you guys might want to know. I pay scrap aluminum prices for your (now) worthless motor cases.....

Legal problems that are about to be wrapped up...some time soon... I will be coming back with a vengeance. You don't sell off your new CTI M case without reason, trust me.

I stopped buying more AT hardware even seeing some good deals because I'd going with DMS is the price point is as close as they were to the reload cost.

Haven't sold any yet - still have reloads. No clue if / when I will sell or just keep them in case DMS prices go up. Mostly fly research on the 38mm and above anyways . . .

I haven't sold any of my cases yet, but I have two of them in trees that aren't doing me any good. :facepalm:

I sold all my CTI stuff to buy Loki, while the DMS looks cool there just isn't a wide enough selection range yet and let's face it it's fun to build the motors.

TA

I hear there's been great advances in PAW (Pressurized Air w/ Water) and MDC (Mentos w/Diet Coke) propulsion to the point where they will soon be used for L1 flights (heck, someone made one to power a car!). Given this, we will all soon be able to get reloads from the kitchen sink or pantry.

Sell all your old "caveman fire" rocket stuff now before it is worthless!

BTW - The rumors of a solar powered rocket motor are all but bunk started by someone finding a package of Estes Solar Starters and thinking they were solar powered. Idiot.

:wink:

I sold all my AT HPR hardware earlier this year since I haven't flown HPR since 2012 and don't plan to for the foreseeable future due to financial limitations, I figured that I'd rather sell it to folks that would use it rather than just let it collect dust in my closet.

I did keep all my MPR hardware. I love the AT 38/120 loads. In my opinion, flying F and G motors are just as fun as H and larger motors.

I'm seriously considering letting my 4G 54mm CTI case go since I don't have a local vendor and my main internet vender doesn't have CTI stuff...

I'm seriously considering letting my 4G 54mm CTI case go since I don't have a local vendor and my main internet vender doesn't have CTI stuff...

Well, now I MUST know...how much?? Lol

I wish I was converting to Loki! Freaking California.

Well, I am selling nothing. In fact still hoarding hardware like a madman.

... let's face it it's fun to build the motors.

Yeah, I like building the motors too, but cleaning them up afterwards is kind of a drag. I flew a bunch of DMS at Airfest and liked the fact that I can toss an H or I spent casing in the trash.

Not yet Teddy. No dealers in FLA. Maybe if they show up at launches we'll see some.

It has to be said....just order them from Teddy. Most of the 38's ship without Haz. If you see what an I405 can do it really is amazing. I swear it's the most scary I out there. I flew one in my Minnie Magg last weekend and for a quick second I was worried about the fins staying on. That motor is a monster.

Back