My Second Launch (Video inside)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, very nice flight! Glad to see you recovered this one. Looks like a great field to launch in! What motor? When I launch, I start with small motors and see where it lands. Then, I make a slight adjustment to the rod (into the wind) and try again. The closer you get to it landing by the launch pad, the larger the motor you can use. I've had them land within 5 feet. :cool:

My 5 year old daughter and I have had well over 200 launches since November 09, and I learn something new nearly every time! Good luck, and have fun! Keep up on posting videos, too!

Yes, very nice flight! Glad to see you recovered this one. Looks like a great field to launch in! What motor? When I launch, I start with small motors and see where it lands. Then, I make a slight adjustment to the rod (into the wind) and try again. The closer you get to it landing by the launch pad, the larger the motor you can use. I've had them land within 5 feet. :cool:

My 5 year old daughter and I have had well over 200 launches since November 09, and I learn something new nearly every time! Good luck, and have fun! Keep up on posting videos, too!

It was an A8-3, the only one I had prepared, since I had to friction fit it... and the only other type was a c6-5, wasn't sure if I wanted to loose it yet or not. Also, yes it is a very great field... nice because they are bean plants so the rocket is much easier to find after it lands as opposed to tall corn.

jpbell said:
not sure what this has to do with for the news in FL.

I was kind of wondering the same thing, but I think I would take it as an honor! I can't say I've been approached by a space reporter for any of my video postings :( Congratulations...:cheers:

(I'll bet it makes you feel alittle better about losing that Amazon, things are looking up already! Keep it up!)

That would be fine then, not sure what this has to do with for the news in FL. but okay.

It has everything to do with the fact that yours truly is also a hobby rocketeer, an amature astronomer and a science fiction fan and since I have the means to promote hobby rocketry in my community, i'm going to take it. If one kid or adult here sees these videos and goes "Hey - this is pretty neat, I want to try that!" then I consider that a good thing.

I was kind of wondering the same thing, but I think I would take it as an honor! I can't say I've been approached by a space reporter for any of my video postings :( Congratulations...:cheers:

(I'll bet it makes you feel alittle better about losing that Amazon, things are looking up already! Keep it up!)

Yeah I agree, and it does make me feel better :D

It has everything to do with the fact that yours truly is also a hobby rocketeer, an amature astronomer and a science fiction fan and since I have the means to promote hobby rocketry in my community, i'm going to take it. If one kid or adult here sees these videos and goes "Hey - this is pretty neat, I want to try that!" then I consider that a good thing.

Aright, go for it then...I just wanted to make sure all your ducks... or mine where in a line before I gave permission :D

Back