SSS Monthly Launch - 9/11 thru 9/13 Hope Site!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuySmith

Reaction score
All,

BLM has finally approved the Hope Site for our use. The first official launch at this site will be for the weekend of 9/11 thru 9/13. The waiver is for 9/12 and 9/13 - 8400ft AGL (10000ft MSL). The BLM will have repesentatives on site to evaluate our useage. Port-A-Jons will be on site, RV camping available Friday and Saturday. See attached flyer for details. We hope to see you there!

Guy

View attachment Hope-Flyer.pdf

Last edited:
All,

BLM has finally approved the Hope Site for our use. The first offical launch at this site will be for the weekend of 9/11 thru 9/13. The waiver is for 9/12 and 9/13 - 8400ft AGL (10000ft MSL). The BLM will have repesentatives on site to evaluate our useage. Port-A-Jons will be on site, RV camping available Friday and Saturday. See attached flyer for details. We hope to see you there!

Guy

Wayne and I will be just back from Airfest so are not coming out for the full weekend, but plan to show up on Saturday with a rocket or three (each) to check out the new site and support the SSS Club. Looking forward to being there, Guy!

That's great, Sharon! I look forward to visiting with you guys.

Guy

I will attend with the family for the weekend. Also for the pot luck on Saturday, what will be needed to bring.

I will attend with the family for the weekend. Also for the pot luck on Saturday, what will be needed to bring.

BRING THE BEANS! Of all the stuff you brought to the last TRA/PHX launch, the beans were the most awesome!

Sharon and I will only be able to attend Saturday, but we will bring an assortment of rockets, including the return appearance of "Rapiddity".

Beans it is:cool:!. Guy if you can give me a rough number of how many will attend, I will make enough and then some.

Rafael,

Could be anywhere from 12 to 30. I would figure towards the lower end, don't over do it as every one is bringing something. Ken and I are planning on getting there tomorrow around noonish, others may be there sooner or later. After setup friday, we will be flying Class 1 rockets (non-waivered). Saturday and sunday are Class 2 waivered. It will be a fun weekend!

Guy

Sharon,

When are you going to change your TRF handle to "powerline"????

Sharon,

When are you going to change your TRF handle to "powerline"????

Ha Ha.....

It might be appropriate:

008.jpg

lol! nice!
hope you guys have fun out there!
i had considered heading up there, but due to the detour we had to take getting home this week i have to work this weekend to make up my missing hours. :sigh: oh well maybe next time...

Ha Ha.....

It might be appropriate:

Had a great weekend thanks to SSS for all the hospitality. Here is my flight on a J425 red to 3591'
[video=youtube;gQMSFCUIAx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMSFCUIAx4[/video]

Rafael,

That was a great flight! The beans were awesome as well! We all had a great time, lots of good flights. A very good weekend (although a bit hot) with great company. This looks like it will shape up as a great venue for years to come. The BLM review could not have gone better. Thanks to everyone who came out!

Guy

Here are a couple of shots I got of my Mega Der Red Max on an H178DM:

CIMG1255 304.jpg

CIMG1255 303.jpg

CIMG1255 306.jpg

CIMG1255 308.jpg

CIMG1255 342.jpg

Thanks to all the folks who came out. It was hot, 103*, but we had a lot of fun. The Hope site rocks, and the visit with the Game and Fish guy was definitely a positive.

Back